Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tattoo  (Read 6060 times)

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
  • We are all the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra
    • l'Accordéonaire
Tattoo
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

A gift from my kids to help me through a hard time. My first tattoo.  I think it's beautiful.

http://accordeonaire.blogspot.com/2013/11/laccordeonaire-tattoo.html

Thanks, Gary
Read the l'Accordéonaire French music blog: http://accordeonaire.com/
The Bal Folk Tune Book Project: https://accordeonaire.com/bal-folk-tune-book-project/
The Free Reed Liberation Orchestra: https://accordeonaire.com/the-free-reed-liberation-orchestra/

Jules0654

• Regular debater
Re: Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »

Wow!  I have never desired a tattoo, and if I had one what is the point of a bird or butterfly?  But a melodeon..... !!   ;D   I am tempted !!
Pokerwork x 2, Erica, Liliput, Saltarelle Berry, Corona, Serenellini Dona, Hohner C/F and "something german".....becoming MAD?

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »

Nice!  8) Bob
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 12:03:41 AM »

My wife would kill me.... >:E
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....

jackson10

• Good talker
  • Double Ray
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »

Nice work!

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »

Gary, that is so brave and so beautiful. But what would happen if you fell in love with an Accordian ?
 >:E
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
    • l'Accordéonaire
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 04:20:36 AM »

My wife would kill me.... >:E
Not a problem for me since "the hard time" involves a divorce ... but until July, I would have been right there with you.

What would happen if you fell in love with an Accordian ?

This is how I settle the CBA or not-CBA question once and for all!    >:(
The Bal Folk Tune Book Project: https://accordeonaire.com/bal-folk-tune-book-project/
The Free Reed Liberation Orchestra: https://accordeonaire.com/the-free-reed-liberation-orchestra/

Mystery Jig

• Good talker
  • State 'O' Maine
    • Mystery Jig
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 06:49:52 AM »

That's right, you're tagged with the diatonic gang sign now. Can't cross the tracks into CBA territory.

Love the drawing look. Did you instruct him on that?
Beltuna Samuel III A/D/G
Beltuna Sara 3+2 G/C

ACE

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 07:18:48 AM »

There's a good idea. I have been playing so long I have a pleated stomach. Perhaps an open concertina tattoo inked in across there. Then it can close as I loose weight. ;)
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »

Brave fella, and miraculously on topic.  I wonderered seeing the title if it might related to the day, 11/11 is the one troops march out in remembrance here.  Not done it myself, but I once worked for a surgeon who kept a camera in sister's office, "collected" good skin ornaments as patients came through;  this one would get in.

More personally, I was a bit horrified to see various embellishments on my lovely blonde daughter after her first term at university, she confessed to "12 piercings".  "But I can only see five!" :o
  _       _    _      _ 

nudiefish

• Aussie Morriser
    • Art Prints
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »

Nice ink, very impressive!
1 x Hohner D/G, 1 Sandpiper Stint D/G and a Hyde D/G Box.  I'm also a photo buff!

Grape Ape

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »

Gary, sorry to hear about your troubles. Just want to warn you they say these things are addictive.  You'll need to give into MAD and buy more boxes if you are to keep going.

And to Chris Ryall you are going to give me nightmares! My precious little sweetheart is only 1 1/2 and I fear (after what I put my own parents through) that the precise senario you describe is in my not too distant future.....

OwenG

• Respected Sage
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »

Nice one. Out of interest, which arm is it on? Will you be able to see it when playing the box?

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
    • l'Accordéonaire
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »

Love the drawing look. Did you instruct him on that?

I brought in my Saltarelle and said it has to be THIS melodeon.  Not just any melodeon.  This one.  It has to be the correct number of buttons, the three stops, the badge, the color ... and he sketched it up as you see it.  The color is miraculous.  He even got the grain in the wood.  The buttons have shadows.

Nice one. Out of interest, which arm is it on? Will you be able to see it when playing the box?

Left arm.  I placed it so it can be seen.

Gary, sorry to hear about your troubles. Just want to warn you they say these things are addictive.  You'll need to give into MAD and buy more boxes if you are to keep going.

Thanks, I've got good people around me to help (including, in some small measure, melnet).  It's been three months and I find that perspective combined with gallows humor and music really help.  Sometimes one is surprised, though ... I named "Scottish a Bethany" for her (before I knew that it was a Maxou original), and now it's all over the net with that title and comes up in my feed all the time.  Interesting artifacts.

I've been told that they are addictive ... we'll see.  By the end of the four hours ... I was ready to be done.

LDbosca

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »

Congratulations!

And yes, they are addictive...all that's holding my back from getting my next one is the fact that the price'll run into four figures!

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »

And to Chris Ryall you are going to give me nightmares! My precious little sweetheart is only 1 1/2 and I fear (after what I put my own parents through) that the precise senario you describe is in my not too distant future.....

Enjoy them to the full as little'n's I say. Teenagers are problematic in all cultures, I can advise that, should you survive that, they can metamorphose into the most delightful human beings, about 20.
  _       _    _      _ 

nfldbox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 04:34:01 PM »

Interesting about the divorce. My first tattoo was a "divorce tattoo" many years ago and since then various "relationship tattoos," either during or after, but my favourite is the initials of my four kids--a permanent relationship tattoo.
BC Cairdin
BC Hohner Double Ray
Bouchard en Ré

Matthew B

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »

Sorry to hear the news Gary.  Give me a shout if there's anything I can help with. 

I named "Scottish a Bethany" for her

my favourite is the initials of my four kids--a permanent relationship tattoo. 

Down this end of the coast they say you should only ever name your boat after your daughter, never your wife, for that very reason. 

Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

EastAnglianTed

• The wise wearer of the onesie
  • Castagnari Hascy-East Anglia for the win!
    • My Youtube account
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »

Cool tat! First one I have ever seen of a box, and I must say it looks superb!  (:)

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 07:03:50 PM »

Mr Spouse keeps trying to pluck up the courage for a tat, of the Celtic knotwork I designed for our wedding rings.  That or something lupine... or both.  :)  I admit I quite like them (Navy family, so I've known men with tattoos all my life) but my skin is very sensitive and I really don't like pain, so I doubt I'd ever get one myself.  Although I do love my Liliput, so much so she's coming to Paris with us.  You do get attached to them, don't you.  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal