Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viktoria club - years of manufacture?  (Read 1248 times)

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
Viktoria club - years of manufacture?
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:47 PM »

Can anyone tell me the years when Viktoria club boxes were made?

Did they have a particular niche - build seems a bit up market for a club, but not really top of the range. MoP buttons and all. Guessing the internals are much the same as a Club II for instance.

Cheers
Malcolm
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
Re: Viktoria club - years of manufacture?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:30:21 AM »

Well, I have this here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IgkYpSy1Ho

And it's on sale. I put it on sale, it didn't sell yet, I am playing sometimes... cause it is actually very close in form and size and also, SOUND, very close to my other Hohner Club III BS, and this CLUB III BS has registers and I really LOVE it!;D So with the sound varying as a flute and clarinet and anothers (total 4 registers) so I could pass ahead this Viktoria, cause it doesn't have the registers, just ONE type of sound. Here the Club III BS with the sounds varying according you change the sets in the 4 registers: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JblVFoBJLc

I find these different timbers, simply awesome. BUT, about the years of manufacture of the Victoria models, I've seen evidences of it since 1941 it seems. This model more with the squares corners, like mine in the 1st link here above, and that other model more rounder. Like here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwDKHUXkFM

I believe, (just believe cause I'm not totally sure, but I think this rounder model came before and this model squarer, came as an update probably.
(Cause also, in all the videos an photos, the Viktoria Squarer models always seems older and less conserver, as in the videos and photos of the squarer Viktoria, some of these, sometimes it seems simply brand new, as mine Viktoria model, it is shinning as brand new). But in both models, I always find the sound amazing and full of pressure and volume.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:35:58 AM by brazilian_melodeon »
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

triskel

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:45 AM »

The Club IIB Victoria was on the market from 1935-39, and again in the 1950s. The 1937 and 1938 models looked very different.

For the sake of price comparison, and where it fitted into the range, here are the Club Model prices from the 1937 German catalogue (in Reichsmarks), with the translated catalogue page headings added:

Club IB Piccoletta         RM 53.-   ("rewarding educational instruments")

Club 214 Erica             RM 63.-   ("rewarding educational instruments")

Liliput                        RM 63.-   ("the joy of the sportsman")

Club IIA                      RM 80.-   ("two-voice club models with celluloid casing")

Preciosa                     RM 82.50  ("the joy of the sportsman")

Club IIB Victoria           RM 98.-   ("two-voice club models with celluloid casing")

Club IIIA                     RM 120.-   ("the joy of the discerning club players")

Club III A R                 RM 133.-   ("the joy of the discerning club players")

Club IV                       RM 142.-   ("the joy of the discerning club players")

Club IV R                     RM 155.-   ("the joy of the discerning club players")

Club V                        RM 186.-   ("small handy form, an instrument for ladies")

Club VI                       RM 197.-   ("small handy form, an instrument for ladies")

Club VII                      RM 205.-   ("small handy form, an instrument for ladies")

Club VIII                     RM 205.-   ("for heightened demands")

Club IX                       RM 218.-   ("for heightened demands")

Club X                        RM 227.-   ("for heightened demands")

Ouverture I (Club 235)   RM 362.-  ("for heightened demands")

Ouverture II (Club 255)  RM 405.-   ("for heightened demands")

Also for the sake of comparison, a No. 2815 (pokerwork) was substantially cheaper than ANY of these, at only RM 34.50...

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:55:30 PM »

Thanks guys
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal