Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Primus Ikaalinen 2009, International Accordeon Contest  (Read 2397 times)

risto

• Respected Sage
Primus Ikaalinen 2009, International Accordeon Contest
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »

There are several contests in Ikaalinen during these few days. Here is the link to the video of todays International Accordeon Contentest 'Primus Ikaalinen 2009' with international judges. Eventhough with only little commentary in English you will heard some amazing accordeon playing.

This video starts with yesterdays winner Arttu Rajala, 8 years old with his 2-row Castaganari. In yesterdays video it was said that he has been playing melodeon for 2 years. Hmm, that's good for him but a bit depressing for the likes of me.  When this little fella was asked what is his secret, he said that, 'it goes from the head to the fingers and then you need no head at all'. And the audience had a good time. (:)

http://areena.yle.fi/video/283112
Paolo Soprani 5-row, Roland FR1B-digital CBA button accordion. Guitar, 5-string OT banjo, mandolin, piano...
My one man band recording: https://apari.fi/Bonaparte_Crossing_The_Rhine_Risto.mp3

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
Re: Primus Ikaalinen 2009, International Accordeon Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:23:59 PM »

There are several contests in Ikaalinen during these few days. Here is the link to the video of todays International Accordeon Contentest 'Primus Ikaalinen 2009' with international judges. Eventhough with only little commentary in English you will heard some amazing accordeon playing.

This video starts with yesterdays winner Arttu Rajala, 8 years old with his 2-row Castaganari. In yesterdays video it was said that he has been playing melodeon for 2 years. Hmm, that's good for him but a bit depressing for the likes of me.  When this little fella was asked what is his secret, he said that, 'it goes from the head to the fingers and then you need no head at all'. And the audience had a good time. (:)

I can't get this to play in either Firefox or IE -- any suggestions?

Ian

P.S Got it. it just took a long time. Bloody hell...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:32:08 PM by IanD »
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

HallelujahAl

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »

Think I'm going to give up!
AL

graememackay

• Graeme Mackay
  • B/C/C# Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze
    • Graeme's homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 01:52:14 AM »

Think I need to get my 5 year old started!

I like his paddington figurine on top of his box!
Black Shand Morino

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »

Sadly missed this treat by about a week  :-[ - Arttu  has quite amazing technique, and so very Finnish in the harmonic minor.  I especially liked his Pooh Bear good luck charm, albeit nothing to do (?) with his music.  

The others on a quick look over  mainly Bayans (correction, also many piono accordians), but very clever and nicely jazzy  nevertheless. I loved the Bulgarian horo! Will look in more depth when I get home. Is it all about speed? Hope not D3R (Helsinki)

PS: what about that link lady's fantastic gnashers  :o
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:24:42 PM by chrisryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

HallelujahAl

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:26 PM »

PS: what about that link lady's fantastic gnashers

Absolutely, she does things with her mouth that I only thought possible in cartoons!
Having said that I loved the prog. although I have not watched it all.
AL

risto

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:22:17 AM »

PS: what about that link lady's fantastic gnashers

Absolutely, she does things with her mouth that I only thought possible in cartoons!
Having said that I loved the prog. although I have not watched it all.
AL

I should have mentioned earlier that this prog  is actually a prolonged Pepsodent "White Now" commercial.  (:)
Paolo Soprani 5-row, Roland FR1B-digital CBA button accordion. Guitar, 5-string OT banjo, mandolin, piano...
My one man band recording: https://apari.fi/Bonaparte_Crossing_The_Rhine_Risto.mp3
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal