Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BorderBox Feb 2019  (Read 469 times)

Peter Morris

BorderBox Feb 2019
« on: August 31, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »

Just a note to advertise the second BorderBox day of DG melodeon workshops taking place in Oswestry next February on Saturday 23rd at Oswestry School Shropshire.

After the first event this February Rees and I felt it was successful enough to organise a second one. We are still learning what suits so we took note of the comments made by those who came this year and have included as many wishes as possible.

The Tutors booked are Mel Biggs, Simon Care, Steve Dumpleton and Carly Rose. The booking form will be on the website mid to late September plus the theme of each workshop, we will announce here when it is. Next year we are providing for 4 categories: Experienced, Intermediate, Confident Beginners and Non Confident beginners. The event is centred on the main hall and the workshop rooms will all be on the same level close by the hall (saves walking up and down the small hill). We are planning one morning and one afternoon workshop each 2hrs with breaks chosen by the tutors. There will be 2 playing sessions during the lunch break one for the Experienced and Intermediates led by Rees and the other using standard easy session tunes for everyone else, I'm not sure who is leading that yet. The day culminates in a Tutor's Show. As with this year there will be a session in a local pub on the Friday night before. The day should end by 7pm. There will be a trade area in and around the main hall and if there is sufficient interest we will provide lunch and afternoon tea! at an extra cost to avoid the need to go into the town for meals.

If you would like to express an early interest in coming please do email via the website or direct to me at petermorris604atgmaildotcom.

Many thanks

Rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
Re: BorderBox Feb 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:05:28 PM »

Yes indeed, looking good for next year. Put it in your diary  :||: :|||:
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Peter Morris

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:32:05 PM »

Border Box Oswestry Feb 23rd 2019, Rees and I are really pleased to shout out that the Programme is now on the website, all credit to Rees: www.borderbox.co.uk as is the booking form, we listened to the feedback from the 2018 Event and reckon we have met just about all the points raised. The workshops rooms are next to the hall, there will be lunch and tea available on the site and it ends at around 7pm in time to travel home. The workshops cater for Experienced, Intermediates, Confident and Non confident beginners, (it's preferable you have some playing experience) with Simon Care, Mel Biggs, Steve Dumpleton and local lass Carly. We look forward to a stupendous day including lunchtime sessions led by Rees (experienced and Intermediates) and Carly (beginners). There will be limited trade stands provided by Rees and Acorn Instruments and CDs and Music Books (I hope). The day closes with a showcase by the Tutors. Shropshire has a long history of folk music and song and all melodeon players, young, old and in between, from just started to experienced are welcome to try our hospitality, we have amazing tutors, challenging workshops, comfortable venue, parking on site, do try it.

Peter Morris

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »

All those who attended this year's event in February and those who expressed an interest have now been sent an email with a copy of the programme for next year's day of workshops. If you are one of these and haven't seen the email could you check your spam please, or just send me an email and I'll send you the details. I shall be circulating the details to Morris and other clubs soon and hope many players come to have the experience of these talented tutors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.