Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Morino  (Read 958 times)

waltzman

Hohner Morino
« on: February 22, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »

Do the Hohner Morino models including the clubs have Italian reeds in them?

Thanks,
Michael

Inventor

• Good talker
Re: Hohner Morino
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »

Morino was Italian. Hohner Morino Accordions (I am talking of instruments made in the 1940s/50s whilst Morino was alive) combined the very best Italian reed making art, with high quality German Engineering.
Inventor.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »

Some of the very early Morinos that I have seen have what look like Hohner reeds in them.   The two examples I'm thinking of are both badged "Hohner's Morino". But I would expect to find the very best Italian reeds in anything except these early examples.
Theo Gibb

Day job: The Box Place. Follow me on Twitter and please like my Facebook page
Night job: Sunniside Up! Ceilidh Band

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »

I've got a 1970s Morino Club N - I don't know where the reeds wer made, all I know is that they sound superb! They don't have the dynamic range of binci professionals, but they have a good rounded sweet tone. Look up my youtube vids by searching for hohner morino !   
Still squeezing after all these years.
DG Dino Oakwood Special, DG Black Pearl III, AA Premier bandoneon, Hohner CF Morino Club S, CF Club BS, CF Ouverture, DG Lilliput, BbEb Lilliput, DG Club II, GD Pokerwork, AD Presswood G 4-stop, C 4-stop, C 1 row, CC# Red Erica,  Geipel BbEb, Sibylla CF, GD Norman Anglo, AbBbC Lachenal, other Anglos, tuba, euphonium,'cello, fiddle, banjolin, banjos, etc

waltzman

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »

Some of the very early Morinos that I have seen have what look like Hohner reeds in them.   The two examples I'm thinking of are both badged "Hohner's Morino". But I would expect to find the very best Italian reeds in anything except these early examples.

This is exactly what I was wanting to know.....if some models actually had Hohner reeds in them.  I don't think I've ever seen a "Hohner's Morino"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.