Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lester's Tune-a-Day Blog  (Read 141418 times)

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Lester's Tune-a-Day Blog
« Reply #800 on: June 06, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »

The Installation, or possibly half of it  ;)
For some reason or other YouTube have deleted this video???

If you log into your YouTube account you will probably find that a copyright infringement has been signalled. I think that most of the time this is done by robots that trawl through YT channels comparing the digital signature of music in clips with that of works for which copyright is claimed.

The claims are often spurious. I've had two on my channel - I contested both, one successfully and one unsuccessfully. In both cases I provided evidence that the music in question was traditional and had long been in the public domain. The upshot was that, if I left the second instance up, any revenue from advertising (or half of it) would go to the "copyright holder."

If yours has been removed, it may be because you failed to answer the infringement notice within the time they allow. Not sure, I'm not an expert on YT's policies, and don't really want to be one.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:21:58 PM by Stiamh »
« L'enfer, c'est le doigté des autres » ~ Jean-Sol Partre

www.rogermillington.com

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #801 on: June 06, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »

If you log into your YouTube account you will probably find that a copyright infringement has been signalled. I think that most of the time this is done by robots that trawl through YT channels comparing the digital signature of music in clips with that of works for which copyright is claimed.

Have had copyright ones before and they always get overturned this is a new one for me:

Spam, deceptive practices & scams policies
Spam, scams, and other deceptive practices that take advantage of the YouTube community aren’t allowed on YouTube. We also don’t allow content where the main purpose is to trick people into leaving YouTube for another site.

I know my playing is average but it surely doesn't make people give up on YouTube all together (:)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:48:21 PM by Lester »

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #802 on: June 06, 2019, 05:35:59 PM »

It’s the knees!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Steve_freereeder

• Grumpy old git (sometimes)
  • Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #803 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »

Have had copyright ones before and they always get overturned this is a new one for me:

Spam, deceptive practices & scams policies
Spam, scams, and other deceptive practices that take advantage of the YouTube community aren’t allowed on YouTube. We also don’t allow content where the main purpose is to trick people into leaving YouTube for another site.

I know my playing is average but it surely doesn't make people give up on YouTube all together (:)
Can you delete the so-called 'offending' video and then re-upload it without the Brass Monkey reference being quite so obvious? Perhaps put the attribution/source in the ABC coding maybe, and not in the caption?
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.