Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sticky Theme: Write a Tune!  (Read 32799 times)

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
Re: Sticky Theme: Write a Tune!
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2018, 09:59:17 PM »

Why is this theme in Recordings and Videos rather than Tunes? I have written a tune that I am quite pleased with but I may never get around to recording it in any format because I have 'performance issues' for want of a better description. I wanted to share the tune and ask advice from the hive mind, alas that would be 'off topic' as I have neither a recording or a video. *wanders off*
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo D/G, Albrecht Custom Liliput D/G
Hohner B/E, B/C, C/F, Bb/Eb
Liliputs D/G G scale, C/F, Bb/Eb

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2018, 12:50:48 AM »

What format do you have? Put up some sheet music and ask away.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Castagnari Sander DG

RF Music

• RF Music
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2019, 09:35:14 AM »

Hi all,

I'm really getting into composing and have got a fair few tunes which I'd be happy to share. I'm still a bit of a novice at Melnet, and don't want to tread on anyone's toes. Is there an audience for new tunes? They're all pdfs from musescore. I don't really use ABC.

Ta muchly,

Andy
Saltarelle Berry (D/G), Saltarelle Laurentides (C#/D/G)

Steve_freereeder

• Grumpy old git (sometimes)
  • Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2019, 10:43:41 AM »

Hi all,

I'm really getting into composing and have got a fair few tunes which I'd be happy to share. I'm still a bit of a novice at Melnet, and don't want to tread on anyone's toes. Is there an audience for new tunes? They're all pdfs from musescore. I don't really use ABC.

Ta muchly,

Andy
Welcome back Andy!  (:)
There are quite a few people on here who don't use ABC; it's not obligatory. Musescore is a great piece of software and very handy for composers as you can instantly hear and see the effects of editing notes, chords and rhythms in real time. Please do share your compositions! PDFs or Musescore files are most welcome. Musescore files (mscx format) are permitted as attachments and have the advantage of having very small file sizes. Anyone can download and use Musescore for free.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

RF Music

• RF Music
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2019, 11:17:00 AM »

Thanks Steve!

I'll start with one of my favourites... I got a Scandi tune book from a good friend in Denmark as a Christmas present. There was a description of a type of tune called a Finnskog Pols which is written in 8/8 but with 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2 beat emphasis (I believe this is known as 147?). It's a great time signature which gives the tune an unusual emphasis and a sense of urgency.

I was going to call the tune Gargoyle Boy, but the pedant in me realised the difference between a gargoyle and a grotesque, a gargoyle being the architectural feature which diverts water from the roof of a building away from the walls. A Grotesque is the carved (usually mythical) figure with no architectural use other than ornament (hey, that's appropriate!).

I recorded a version of it and posted it to my YouTube channel (my first actual video!) which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4SXSHdrQc

Let me know what you think and maybe give it a go - would love to see what other players think of it!

Thanks,

Andy

*quick note* I tried to upload the musescore file but it's not in the right format. I'll see if I can rectify that and post it.

RF Music

• RF Music
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »

*Update*

I found the right type of musescore file to upload.

Cheers,

Andy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.