Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Session recordings from the English Country Music Weekend.  (Read 3225 times)

Andrew Wigglesworth

• My website
Session recordings from the English Country Music Weekend.
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

Recordings from the 2007 and 2008 sessions at the English Country Music week.

See;

http://www.mustrad.org.uk/ecmw.htm

for more info about the English Country Music weekend. There's a link on that page to the CovTrad website where the recordings are hosted, or you could just go straight there;

http://www.covtrad.org.uk  (Coventry traditional music session)

There's loads of Melodeon (and other instruments) and it's a great inspiration for learning new tunes, unless you already know them all of course.

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
Re: Session recordings from the English Country Music Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »

I'm obviously being very stupid and doing something wrong, but I can't see any button on the page that loads after clicking on a tune to allow me to hear it.  I seem to be going round in circles.  Shame, because it's a great resource.
Steve from Wakefield

Andrew Wigglesworth

• My website
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »

I'm obviously being very stupid and doing something wrong, but I can't see any button on the page that loads after clicking on a tune to allow me to hear it.  I seem to be going round in circles.  Shame, because it's a great resource.

Heh, things are always obvious if it's your own site, don't worry :-)

Which page are you clicking on?

If you wanted to preview the individual tracks of the 2007 session for example (ogg-vorbis version), you'd end up on this page;

http://www.covtrad.org.uk/Music/English-Country-Music-Weekend-recordings/English-country-music-weekend-2007/Ogg-Vorbis-encoded-individual-files

The link for the first track would be;

Sat afternoon session at the English Country Music Weekend 2007 - 01.ogg 3.87 MB

Similarly for the mp3 files at;

http://www.covtrad.org.uk/Music/English-Country-Music-Weekend-recordings/English-country-music-weekend-2007/MP3-encoded-individual-files

It is;

Sat afternoon session at the English Country Music Weekend 2007 - 01.mp3 5.16 MB

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »

Thanks for your help, Andrew.  I've now done what I was supposed to do in the first place.  Sorry for the panic!  ::)
Steve from Wakefield

smiley

• Folk music: it's not as bad as it sounds
    • a few sound clips
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »

Many thanks to the people who put these recordings on the web! They're really handy for those of us who'll probably never get there in person.

Andrew Wigglesworth

• My website
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »

Many thanks to the people who put these recordings on the web! They're really handy for those of us who'll probably never get there in person.

Thanks, I'll pass that on to Jack, the guy who actually did the recording/editing  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal