Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Atlanta  (Read 1616 times)

witcherj

• New Starter
Hohner Atlanta
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:54:09 PM »

Having just joined this forum I have a question I have a Honer Atlanta Melodeon, it is tuned to C/F and is a pine finish. I bought it new quite a few years ago as I thought it was easy to accompany singing but it has not really been played that much and is in good condition. Question as it is a limited type of instrument would it be possible to sell it second hand. I see from the other section of the forum we are not supposed to look for valuations but I would appreciate some advice. Does any one have a reccomendation for a melodeon that would be reasonable to sing with without drownng a voice
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:03:32 PM by witcherj »

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
Re: Hohner Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »

The only Atlanta I`d heard of was a massive CBA (Sister to the Atlantic PA ?) but after now seeing an image of the Atlanta Melodeon, it looks great, rather like a predecessor to the Morgane .

I can imagine many here would be interested on this .
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
Re: Hohner Atlanta
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »

Having just joined this forum I have a question I have a Honer Atlanta Melodeon, it is tuned to C/F and is a pine finish. I bought it new quite a few years ago as I thought it was easy to accompany singing but it has not really been played that much and is in good condition. Question as it is a limited type of instrument would it be possible to sell it second hand. I see from the other section of the forum we are not supposed to look for valuations but I would appreciate some advice. Does any one have a reccomendation for a melodeon that would be reasonable to sing with without drownng a voice

Do you find the Atlanta is too loud? Try playing it softer, then, without as much bellows pressure. A melodeon such as the Atlanta with only two sets of medium treble reeds is very nice for vocal accompaniment and many people use them similarly small accordions for that. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal