Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuition in the highlands  (Read 1070 times)

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Tuition in the highlands
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »

Hi all
I bought myself a D/G Black Diamond melodeon at Whitby this year, and I'm not looking for tuition. I'm afraid that I'm 60 miles north of Inverness, so deep in accordion country, but I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me help in my efforts to learn to play my new aquisition.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : Hagstrom G/C: Hohner 3515 C/F: 1930's Varnished wood G/C: Hohner 2915 B/E: Hohner Erika C/F: Hohner Pre Corso C/F : G/C Liliput: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
Re: Tuition in the highlands
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »

Hi all
I bought myself a D/G Black Diamond melodeon at Whitby this year, and I'm not looking for tuition. I'm afraid that I'm 60 miles north of Inverness, so deep in accordion country, but I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me help in my efforts to learn to play my new aquisition.

John

Did you actually mean to say that you're _not_ looking for tuition? Or are you just looking for a bit of moral support? I'm sure that you've seen a variety of on-line tutors on this forum, not mention a plethora of books.

Congrats on buying the box - I had a go on one at Sidmouth and it seemed pretty respectable.
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 07:04:21 PM »

Well I have picked out a few tunes, but have no idea about left hand work, so I guess I need tuition, AND moral support. I'm too old for immorai support now  :-X
Johm
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : Hagstrom G/C: Hohner 3515 C/F: 1930's Varnished wood G/C: Hohner 2915 B/E: Hohner Erika C/F: Hohner Pre Corso C/F : G/C Liliput: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb

george garside

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

Hi John - have sent you a personal message.

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".    Available on ebay as a 'buy now' item. Put in melodeon tutor book for full info.  Melodeon DG & BC and piano accordion tuition
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal