Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GloryStrokes as Melodeon band  (Read 4019 times)

Jambouton

• Hearts supporters play sad stuff....
GloryStrokes as Melodeon band
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »

Hi chaps,

My first posting to the new forum - Hoorah.  8)

At the Sheffield Folk Festival (the last weekend of October) I took my bairns to the opening ceilidh, played by Glorystrokes.  They are my son's favourite band and, I have to admit, I enjoyed the combination of dance tunes and Gothic metal.  But then, I'm an unreconstructed Zeppelin/Purple fan......

Anyway, I think you should all pay attention to their EP "Industrial Revolution".  As with the instruction on the Who's Live at Leeds - PLAY LOUD!  Also, perhaps you might want to link to their website in the "Bands" section here.  It's at http://www.glorystrokes.com/

And on the website - well done, Theo and Clive, it looks splendid, splendid, splendid!

Regards,

Jim

PS If any of you were at that ceilidh, I'm the person who won the P for freestyle dancing!  Not bad for 52, eh?   ;D
... so Marvin the Paranoid Android got the Guinness in and, after we'd found a seat, he said "Drummers - loath them or ignore them, you can't like them".  He's got a point, though, hasn't he?  I mean ....

Dazbo

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Danger MAD Here!
    • My YouTube Channel for melodeons, morris and folk in general
Re: GloryStrokes as Melodeon band
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »

And there's video of their Sidmouth concert on YouTube.  As I'm currently at work I can't provide links to youtube but searching on GloryStrokes or Sidmouth Folkweek 2007 should find them.
Ciao Bellow

Darren

Open_G

• Good talker
  • Hohner Erica, Hohner 1 row, Tommy, Mignon
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:25:06 PM »

Most enjoyable stuff on the myspace page.

Not a band I'd heard, but will certainly check them out in person if I get the chance.

Squeezing with varying degress of success since 1995. -Clive

Jambouton

• Hearts supporters play sad stuff....
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:57:46 PM »

PS If any of you were at that ceilidh, I'm the person who won the P for freestyle dancing!  Not bad for 52, eh?

Sorry.  That should have read "PS If any of you were at that ceilidh, I'm the person who won the CD for freestyle dancing!  Not bad for 52, eh?"

Obviously tried to write LP, failed.   Senior moment loomed.  Not good for 52, eh?  ::)
... so Marvin the Paranoid Android got the Guinness in and, after we'd found a seat, he said "Drummers - loath them or ignore them, you can't like them".  He's got a point, though, hasn't he?  I mean ....

Open_G

• Good talker
  • Hohner Erica, Hohner 1 row, Tommy, Mignon
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:32:07 PM »

PS If any of you were at that ceilidh, I'm the person who won the P for freestyle dancing!  Not bad for 52, eh?

Sorry.  That should have read "PS If any of you were at that ceilidh, I'm the person who won the CD for freestyle dancing!  Not bad for 52, eh?"

Obviously tried to write LP, failed.   Senior moment loomed.  Not good for 52, eh?  ::)

If you had put LP, my mind would instantly think:

Squeezing with varying degress of success since 1995. -Clive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal