Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Privacy  (Read 2536 times)

triplet

Privacy
« on: November 08, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »

Does anyone else share my unease at members' email addresses being quite openly available, or am I just paranoid?!  :-X

Is there any option to keep it hidden and have an indirect way of contacting a member individually?

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: Privacy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:08:42 PM »

Does anyone else share my unease at members' email addresses being quite openly available, or am I just paranoid?!  :-X

Is there any option to keep it hidden and have an indirect way of contacting a member individually?
Each member can choose whether to have their e-mail address visible or invisible. To change the settings go to 'Profile' (at the base of the header banner on every page of this forum) and choose option 'Modify Profile' and then 'Account related settings'. You will then see various options, one of which is to hide or show your e-mail address.

If a member chooses to hide their e-mail address, they can still be contacted by the Private Message system on this forum.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Privacy
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:26:03 PM »

And its worth noting that even if you choose not to conceal your email address it is still only visible to logged in members, and not to any casual visitor, or spambot.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal