Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45   Go Down

Author Topic: Lester's Tune-a-Day Blog  (Read 240149 times)

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Lester's Tune-a-Day Blog
« Reply #800 on: June 06, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »

The Installation, or possibly half of it  ;)
For some reason or other YouTube have deleted this video???

If you log into your YouTube account you will probably find that a copyright infringement has been signalled. I think that most of the time this is done by robots that trawl through YT channels comparing the digital signature of music in clips with that of works for which copyright is claimed.

The claims are often spurious. I've had two on my channel - I contested both, one successfully and one unsuccessfully. In both cases I provided evidence that the music in question was traditional and had long been in the public domain. The upshot was that, if I left the second instance up, any revenue from advertising (or half of it) would go to the "copyright holder."

If yours has been removed, it may be because you failed to answer the infringement notice within the time they allow. Not sure, I'm not an expert on YT's policies, and don't really want to be one.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:21:58 PM by Stiamh »

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #801 on: June 06, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »

If you log into your YouTube account you will probably find that a copyright infringement has been signalled. I think that most of the time this is done by robots that trawl through YT channels comparing the digital signature of music in clips with that of works for which copyright is claimed.

Have had copyright ones before and they always get overturned this is a new one for me:

Spam, deceptive practices & scams policies
Spam, scams, and other deceptive practices that take advantage of the YouTube community aren’t allowed on YouTube. We also don’t allow content where the main purpose is to trick people into leaving YouTube for another site.

I know my playing is average but it surely doesn't make people give up on YouTube all together (:)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:48:21 PM by Lester »

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #802 on: June 06, 2019, 05:35:59 PM »

It’s the knees!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #803 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »

Have had copyright ones before and they always get overturned this is a new one for me:

Spam, deceptive practices & scams policies
Spam, scams, and other deceptive practices that take advantage of the YouTube community aren’t allowed on YouTube. We also don’t allow content where the main purpose is to trick people into leaving YouTube for another site.

I know my playing is average but it surely doesn't make people give up on YouTube all together (:)
Can you delete the so-called 'offending' video and then re-upload it without the Brass Monkey reference being quite so obvious? Perhaps put the attribution/source in the ABC coding maybe, and not in the caption?
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #804 on: August 22, 2019, 11:23:46 AM »

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #805 on: August 22, 2019, 11:31:55 AM »

Wow!
This has been a long time favourite amongst my friends here for as long as I can remember, but I never knew its name, and went into 'session mode' and always stumbled through it.
Plus ABC as well, a chance to learn it properly....
Thanks matey!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #806 on: August 22, 2019, 04:12:37 PM »

Yes, thanks for the reminder of this tune Lester - I know it as News of the Victory...no idea where I learnt it but it's in the wonderful Hardcore English book (and conveniently follows Spirit of the Dance)

Julian
Old Bones Dance Band

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #807 on: August 22, 2019, 09:27:05 PM »

The Bismarcks introduced it to my world; I wouldn't be surprised if that's where many others got it from.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

Mark Leue

• Regular debater
« Reply #808 on: August 24, 2019, 01:26:57 AM »

The reeds sound great, looking forward to reinstalling them in my Lilliput!  thanks, Lester.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #809 on: October 12, 2019, 05:55:39 PM »

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #810 on: November 01, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #811 on: December 23, 2019, 10:07:47 AM »

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #812 on: March 18, 2020, 08:29:29 PM »

To support my slow and steady chums who can no longer meet up for obvious reasons I shall be posting up some standard English sessions sets at a steady pace for them to join in with.

Harpers Frolic and Bonny Kate

Gena Crisman

• 🇬🇧
« Reply #813 on: March 19, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »

Not sure if you've been emailed about it or noticed, but, youtube seems to have decided that your set violates their terms of service, so, they've removed it;

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service." - a quote from Youtube.

They may have decided it runs afoul of any number of things, eg the names of the tunes or that it might possibly be created to be advertised at children. They might have emailed you about it, and it's worthwhile just to check that they don't warn against repeated upload attempts or something.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #814 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:08 AM »

Not sure if you've been emailed about it or noticed, but, youtube seems to have decided that your set violates their terms of service, so, they've removed it;

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service." - a quote from Youtube.

They may have decided it runs afoul of any number of things, eg the names of the tunes or that it might possibly be created to be advertised at children. They might have emailed you about it, and it's worthwhile just to check that they don't warn against repeated upload attempts or something.

Seems it violates 'spam, deceptive practices and scams policy' I have appealed

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #815 on: March 19, 2020, 11:23:27 AM »

Seems it violates 'spam, deceptive practices and scams policy' I have appealed.

What about changing the titles to something like set1 tune 1. etc. and trying again?
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #816 on: March 19, 2020, 11:26:01 AM »

Seems it violates 'spam, deceptive practices and scams policy' I have appealed.

What about changing the titles to something like set1 tune 1. etc. and trying again?
I've tried this before, unfortunately if you still get a violation (quite possible as they don't actually specify what the problem is) it becomes a cumulative strike and you get banned for a week.

Gena Crisman

• 🇬🇧
« Reply #817 on: March 19, 2020, 11:48:43 AM »

Yeah I would strongly suggest not risking running afoul of youtube if they provide that specific reason, and I would vaguely recommend attempting to appeal, exactly as Lester has.

If you have anything you value on YouTube, or if you have a Google account where you use Gmail, that can ask become very much at risk as soon as the spam / deceptive practices cards are played. A lot of people get locked out of their accounts last year erroneously from just one over zealous bot thinking something was spam when it was not. It's all fun and games until Google block or delete your account with them, and that's where it tends to escalates to pretty quickly.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #818 on: March 19, 2020, 11:56:19 AM »

Yeah I would strongly suggest not risking running afoul of youtube if they provide that specific reason, and I would vaguely recommend attempting to appeal, exactly as Lester has.

If you have anything you value on YouTube, or if you have a Google account where you use Gmail, that can ask become very much at risk as soon as the spam / deceptive practices cards are played. A lot of people get locked out of their accounts last year erroneously from just one over zealous bot thinking something was spam when it was not. It's all fun and games until Google block or delete your account with them, and that's where it tends to escalates to pretty quickly.
Appeal rejected but no clarity as to what the actual 'offence' was  >:(
Moving on will try another video tomorrow.

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
« Reply #819 on: March 19, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »

Not sure I understand what's going on - I have the video playing in the background from the link
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal