Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing some people  (Read 2377 times)

Fungusface

• SAOR ALBA
  • Respected Sage
  • SAOR ALBA
Amazing some people
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:02:03 AM »

I get amazed at many sellers on ebay selling older melodeons they continue showing the back of them, and Ive asked them why dont you show a photo of the front if you wish to sell it, and they reply either it looks cleaner or its a few of buttons are missing, what the heck do they think buyers want, something to polish.It was same on the category last week for ham radios 99% were collection only, I told one guy if you just want locals better to place advert in corner shop.
If you wish peace, friendship, and quietness: listen and look and read

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
Re: Amazing some people
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »

I wish E-Bay would ban the use of the word RARE . the only reason why most of the boxes (PAs especially) are "RARE" is because they either don`t know anyone with an accordion and its the only one they`ve seen or is one of the thousands of re-brand boxes from Italy, DDR or laterly China where all sorts of names appear on the same box..

it`s the none "RARE" ones which are to look out for such as Hohner Atlantics & Morinos, Excelsior 900 series, Scandalli Supers, Bugaris, Brandonis, Piginis and other "common" names..
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »

Or the people selling a box with a box case. Three detailed piccys of the case and one blurry, distant photo of the instrument! :o
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Andy

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

Or my pet hate.

“Been checked by professional, plays perfectly, lovely condition, beautiful tone..........”

“Could you tell me what tuning it is in - thanks” (me)

“Sorry don’t know”

Now I am no expert but if someone who clearly knew nothing about their melodeon asked me to check it over I'm pretty sure I would remember to mention what tunning it was in.

Mutt

• Melodiate
  • Good talker
  • D/G Saltarelle Infeno, D/G Club IIb, A/D Pokerwork
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »

Or my pet hate.

“Been checked by professional, plays perfectly, lovely condition, beautiful tone..........”

“Could you tell me what tuning it is in - thanks” (me)

“Sorry don’t know”

Now I am no expert but if someone who clearly knew nothing about their melodeon asked me to check it over I'm pretty sure I would remember to mention what tunning it was in.

When someone doesn't know anything about melodeons, being told the tuning can go in one ear and out the other; they don't understand the importance.

Whenever I see someone selling anything they "don't know much about" I get very wary.  Such people can, even without meaning to, sell you a real piece of junk.  On Ebay, the only assurance of quality you have is the seller's demonstration of his or her expertise.
George Knight
Anchorage, Alaska
Yes, brrrrrrr!

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »

I contacted a guy on craigslist (local web classifieds here in the US) about a melodeon: http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,10016.msg123964.html#msg123964
 Even though he was selling it he asked me lots of questions about what I knew about the box and he indicated that he was thinking about my offer.  He asked me about the history behind it, what it was called and when it was made. Odd questions to be asking a potential buyer.

Whilst cruising eBay I seen the same melodeon go up... Basically he was asking me all the questions about history etc. so he could advertise it better and try and get more money for it. It is still for sale 3 months later.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:37:46 AM by syale »
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

Circassian

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 01:55:11 PM »

These amazing people are all over the world. Check this one out, a "Marka Registrada Hohner" for $2500 (Australian) . At least he does say what key it is in... When I inquired if there was a typo in his price he said "NO".... Perhaps the scrolling on the box is real gold????? http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/richmond-valley/antiques-collectables/marka-registrada-hohner-accordion/1001123314

Mike Hirst

• Primatona IV D/D#, Black Dot B/C, One Row in D
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

These amazing people are all over the world. Check this one out, a "Marka Registrada Hohner" for $2500 (Australian) . At least he does say what key it is in... When I inquired if there was a typo in his price he said "NO".... Perhaps the scrolling on the box is real gold????? http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/richmond-valley/antiques-collectables/marka-registrada-hohner-accordion/1001123314

I note that this item although 'made in germany 1900s' has a plastic keyboard. I'm guessing that this is the reason why he is asking $2500+ for this item, whilst a similar instrument on ebay.au (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hohner-Button-Accordian-/120993857214?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item1c2bcbbebe)
is currently being offered for $250 (10% of asking price). A remarkable instrument indeed!!!
"Slip like Freudian, your first and last step to playing yourself like an Accordion" - MF DOOM - Madvillain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal