Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boxes for Sale  (Read 4405 times)

fiddleboxdavey

• Good talker
  • Castagnari, Vander Aa & impending B.Gaillard C#/Ds
Boxes for Sale
« on: April 10, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »

I have a few boxes I'm selling-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331171631307?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331171649138?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This other one is a lovely Concordia 2 row, 4 voice in B/C. I've never seen another one and only one other Concordia accordion which was a piano box at Rolston Accordions in Scotland. Measures 11 1/2" tall x 14" across and 7" deep. Haven't weighed it yet. It's has a nice compact feel to it as a 4 voice instrument and is a quality Italian made box. I'm not sure of what price to ask though. I'll be guided by your replies, if any. Would £800 be too much to ask?
It was originally bought in the 1950's from Forbes music shop in Dundee. I had intended converting it to C#/D but a recent addition to the family has meant a new money sink-hole (other than acquiring melodeons) has appeared! Here's some pics. I hope they'll upload okay-
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:58:42 PM by fiddleboxdavey »

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
Re: Boxes for Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:24:49 PM »

Now that is a pretty box!
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

gerrydundee

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »

that you thinning out the herd Davey, that Concordia is unusual should get some interest ;)

Matthew B

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:40:48 PM »

Davey, You might want to check your listing for the second club accordion.  It looks as if photo #2 didn't upload properly.
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

triskel

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331171649138?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Schlossmeinel was the brand name of the Klingenthal firm C.H.Meinel (1850-c.1968).

This other one is a lovely Concordia 2 row, 4 voice in B/C. I've never seen another one and only one other Concordia accordion which was a piano box at Rolston Accordions in Scotland.
It was originally bought in the 1950's from Forbes music shop in Dundee.

Concordia was a Forbes "house brand" that was used for a range of Italian-made button and piano accordions, but I've only seen them listed in a late 1950's Forbes catalogue until now - here's the illustration of your one (bottom left) from that catalogue:

Edited to add photo

fiddleboxdavey

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »

Thanks a lot for the information Stephen, much appreciated.
John Crawford the well known accordion repairer/tuner from Freuchie in Fife was telling me he used to look at the Concordia melodeons in the Forbes music shop window with envy! He could never afford one at the time. I'd forgotten that he'd told me Concordias were made for Forbes music shop.
Great to see the Forbes catalogue. Is there any further info in the catalogue about them?
I've updated the Schlossmeinel Hansa listing on eBay too. Thanks also for that information.

triskel

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »

Great to see the Forbes catalogue. Is there any further info in the catalogue about them?

There is, I'll take and post some more images.

(I was delighted to find two old Forbes catalogues in amongst a pile of old accordion brochures that I bought a couple of months ago - seeing that they're a business that I have a special interest in.)

gerrydundee

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 11:05:01 PM »

There is, I'll take and post some more images.

(I was delighted to find two old Forbes catalogues in amongst a pile of old accordion brochures that I bought a couple of months ago - seeing that they're a business that I have a special interest in.)
forbes closed down over 5 or 6 years ago, my late aunt worked in it repairing accordions

fiddleboxdavey

• Good talker
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 01:58:12 PM »

No bites on the Concordia?
I'll assume I've started by asking too much for it! It really is a lovely box in great condition. Maybe £700 would be a better sum?

My other two club boxes and a concertina are up tonight on eBay too. If any mel.net members get lucky with any of them I'll send a donation to the site.

triskel

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »

According to this current eBay listing, Excelsior/Concordia [Piano] Accordion, these are a "Quality Italian accordion from the famous Excelsior factory."

triskel

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 03:47:14 AM »

There is ...

The image I posted before is from the back cover and shows the model in the same form as the one you have, the actual catalogue listing shows it in a rather different form, more like that of the PA on eBay:

triskel

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 04:09:06 AM »

forbes closed down over 5 or 6 years ago, my late aunt worked in it repairing accordions

I'd love to have had a long chat with her...

fiddleboxdavey

• Good talker
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »

Thanks for posting the other Concordia picture Stephen. It is quite a different looking model and looks a fair bit bigger than mine which is very compact for a 4 voice.
If I still have it and make it over to Willie Clancy week this year, I'll make sure I bring it for you to have a look.

triskel

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 11:06:58 PM »

Thanks for posting the other Concordia picture Stephen. It is quite a different looking model and looks a fair bit bigger than mine which is very compact for a 4 voice.

Yes, I'd suspect the one shown inside the catalogue may be an earlier version, and the same (larger) size as the 36-bass one.

If I still have it and make it over to Willie Clancy week this year, I'll make sure I bring it for you to have a look.

If you do, I'd love to see it, thanks.

They should be nice boxes, if they were made by Excelsior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal