Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Learning To Play The Melodeon - Video Blogs - new blog feat. Hohner Compadre ADG  (Read 1704 times)

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les

Just posted a new blog.  This features my Orange Hohner Compadre ADG and my three-row version of Silent Night in A
http://youtu.be/bAPGsfs8fKU

Dots here:- www.daddylongles.com look under "Music and Tab sheets"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:43:46 AM by Daddy Long Les »
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

nemethmik

• Good talker

This features my Orange Hohner Compadre ADG and my three-row version of Silent Night in A
I was about to post a message, if anyone is playing a three-row diatonic accordion and willing to share some his/her "how-to" videos.
I liked your video a lot. You are a "natural/inherent" three-row player, IMHO. Your relaxed style made you music very clean, and you looked enjoing playing, not fighting aginst the instrument. This is exactly the style (smooth cross-rowing) I am working on now.
Do you play right-hand double notes/chords on this video? From your video I've just learned and understood that, when playing a tune in A on an ADG, a pull D bass is available; that is, I can play the typical "three-chord" bass sequence: push A, pull E, pull D exactly the same way as for a tune in G: push G, pull D and pull C. This makes quite easy to play a tune in both G and A: a very frequent job I am asked to do with my friends.
Unfortunately, this is not possible with a tune in D: when I play a tune in D the G bass is on the push.
Thank You Very Much!
Miklos
Miklos

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les

This features my Orange Hohner Compadre ADG and my three-row version of Silent Night in A
I was about to post a message, if anyone is playing a three-row diatonic accordion and willing to share some his/her "how-to" videos.
I liked your video a lot. You are a "natural/inherent" three-row player, IMHO. Your relaxed style made you music very clean, and you looked enjoing playing, not fighting aginst the instrument. This is exactly the style (smooth cross-rowing) I am working on now.
Do you play right-hand double notes/chords on this video? From your video I've just learned and understood that, when playing a tune in A on an ADG, a pull D bass is available; that is, I can play the typical "three-chord" bass sequence: push A, pull E, pull D exactly the same way as for a tune in G: push G, pull D and pull C. This makes quite easy to play a tune in both G and A: a very frequent job I am asked to do with my friends.
Unfortunately, this is not possible with a tune in D: when I play a tune in D the G bass is on the push.
Thank You Very Much!
Miklos
Hi Miklos

Thank you for your kind comments.  In answer to your question  -  all right hand notes in this piece are played one at a time apart from maybe the final A major run-up of each verse.
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

nemethmik

• Good talker

I would love to see videos where you play some tunes in G on your ADG box. I am very much interested in your approach, how do you use the extended cross-rowing possibility of a three-row box.
And then tunes in A minor, of course.
Thank You. Miklos
Miklos

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les

I would love to see videos where you play some tunes in G on your ADG box. I am very much interested in your approach, how do you use the extended cross-rowing possibility of a three-row box.
And then tunes in A minor, of course.
Thank You. Miklos
Filming The Bluebell Polka today on the ADG which is in G, D and C. I'll probably do it in three parts. With any luck it will be up later on today.

nemethmik

• Good talker

Filming The Bluebell Polka today on the ADG which is in G, D and C. I'll probably do it in three parts. With any luck it will be up later on today.
Excellent choice! I am looking forward to watching your movie.
Miklos

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les

Done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal