Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: M@W music  (Read 6830 times)

oread_uk

• Regular debater
  • Baffetti/Oakwood SuperII D/G; Manfrini 3 voice D/G
    • Music related blog
Re: M@W music
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »

Hi Steve - thanks - I can get them on my desktop and then create a new burn folder - so now have them on disc - but I still haven't managed to get them into my itunes library without them being a link rather  than the actual file... Anyway, I have them on disc so that's fine now.  As for the tunes - I think I will be bringing the Manfrini with all these low notes being needed!!!

:|||: :|||:

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »

Hi Steve - thanks - I can get them on my desktop and then create a new burn folder - so now have them on disc - but I still haven't managed to get them into my itunes library without them being a link rather  than the actual file... Anyway, I have them on disc so that's fine now.  As for the tunes - I think I will be bringing the Manfrini with all these low notes being needed!!!

:|||: :|||:
Hmmm... not sure why you are not able to open the files in iTunes (instead of a link). I found that once I'd downloaded the files to a folder on my computer, I could drag and drop them to iTunes without any problem. Perhaps if you shut down your internet connection temporarily, iTunes would default to the saved file and not try to stream from the link.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing the Manfrini again!
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »

I'm finding it very hard, as someone who is pathetically inept at reading music very effectively, to hear the actual tune to Christian Maes' La Crouzade, as it appears to be hidden in his recording behind a welter of ornaments.  It's a shame he didn't record something for numpties like me.  Que faire?

I agree that the tune is hard to decipher from the ornamnetation. I typed the notation into Personal Composer and played it back as a midi file, which I found much easier to follow. I would have added it to this post as an attachment, but I have just discovered that you can't attach midi files for some reason.  :o

Thanks, Bob.  Lester has come to the rescue and very kindly sent me an abc file. What a gent!

Steve from Wakefield

philipm

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »

email from handsonmusic gives timing details for the weekend.
thankfully the c units section contains no typos or autocorrection >:E

melodyman

• Good talker
  • Handry 12,Evo
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:33 AM »

Being of a particular age and not completely confident with latest I.T technology
I opted for the CD  in the post format.
Anybody got theirs yet or am I the only one who went down this route ?

davied
,Handry 12,Evo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal