Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Czech 3 Row  (Read 1471 times)

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
Interesting Czech 3 Row
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »

I have an interesting Czechoslovakian 3 Row 3 voice Helicon, Badged Ligna (short for Lignatone and part of the Kebrdle / Delicia empire) .

I Got it from Theo a while back and it needed a full ovehaul . Lester sprung his magic on the treble and Chord reeds (the Helicons are fine) and I`ve been tidying it up / sealing it, it didn`t need much work on the Celluloid, juist some strap brackets, new bellows straps, bass straps, grille re-lining and refurbishing, button clean, treble mech cleanout and a good clean all round ..

What`s interesting is that it conforms to regular 3 row Melodeon rather than Club or later Heligonka standards in all ways apart from One Gleichton on the inner row (3 row Steirisches & later gonks have two) , and like usual melodeons with 4th button start, it has low notes and accidentals at the chin end and Corona bass.. I`ve seen early heligonkas with this layout but minus the Accidentals (which are tuned totally standard GCF Melodeon) ...... I asked Lester to tune the Gleichton out so it`s now like a big fat Corona-III on steriods ..

what I`d like to know and hoping Paul Groff, Triskel etc may know is the age of the thing or the market it was designed for (unlikely the home market which seemed to live on orthodox gonkas) , it Looks very 1930s (Art Deco Grille, Burr-walut celluloid & the ugly Art deco helicon ports) which likely means 1960s but ???

Pic before the refurb - I`m still waiting for the bellows straps to arrive

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:28:25 PM by Adam-T »
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Interesting Czech 3 Row
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »

It's a beast  (:)

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
Re: Interesting Czech 3 Row
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »

Yeah !!!  . it plays fast too if you`ve got strong enough fingers , reversals are a doddle - as you said, the reeds are very good . they`re better than the ones in the recent traditionally shaped Hlavaceks for responsiveness .

I`ve seen 2 row ones in plain blue or black celluloid on the Heligonku site (badged Favorit) but not seen any 3 rows
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal