Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grenoble teach-in in UK  (Read 1798 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Grenoble teach-in in UK
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:00:16 AM »

This is a complete flier ...

Idea would be to get one or more of the "strong school" in Grenoble/environs to come to Britain and run a course.  They are very into extended chording and the "improvised line" which needs at least half a helper row on your box.  Milleret/Pignol don't have much English (Grenoble is 60km from Italy) but there are ways round that.

They play G/C systems but  D/G loans might be available from one of the MADder individuals here (eg me)!

So that might be a possible "accordéon" masterclass. 

Were there more interest in the improvisation side we could invite J-P Sarzier who plays bass clarinet - instrument doesn't much matter in this and he has pretty good English and is an excellent teacher.  That'd widen it to other forums (instrument much less important - Dols sang the whole course in Ghent) and we'd also get a better balanced group.

For feasible numbers we are looking at about £100 for a weekend for the teacher maybe twice that for a week's course - PLUS cost of a venue - though that could be economical if eg we took over a YHA off-season.

Could any interested parties please PM me - I'm thinking about perhaps September next year.  fwiw the Val d'Isère courses charge around £500 (50% deposit). Their  next one will be end Feb (in an off season rambler's hostel)

Oriental lick: https://picasaweb.google.com/105234456578208296782/Chichilianne2012?feat=email#5716067265483493442
Rhythm practice https://picasaweb.google.com/105234456578208296782/Chichilianne2012?feat=email#5716063809268319778
Bowse-spot https://picasaweb.google.com/105234456578208296782/Chichilianne2012

_       _    _      _ 

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Grenoble teach-in in UK
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:09:31 AM »

Sorry, Chris, improvisation isn't really my thing. But a workshop from somebody like Frédéric Paris or Jean Blanchard would interest me very much.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »

PM sent
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »

Hi Chris,
I'm interested so put me on the potentials list please. I work a fixed rota (with built in leave) so would need dates for a definite. Cheers, Bob.
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »

Need about 10 to justify someone coming up from Grenoble.

I've just had formal notification of the next course there 24 Feb - 2 March (all in French though). I 'might' get here and would certainly be interested in a co-driver as I'm having and op in Jan.
  _       _    _      _ 

Jack Humphreys

• tunesbyjackhumphreys
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »

I'm interested, but a problem with having the right box, as my 2.6 row is in CF. But maybe going to the course (if it happens) will give me the incentive to actually get a GC.  So put me down as a likely, depending on the date. Thanks for bringing this different style to UK Chris.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 12:00:33 PM »

1. Dave Roberts brought the style here - and others - eg Andy C
2. C/F won't matter  - they'll likely be in G  minor! I started on a C/F Mory and then a D/G+C# row!
   I'ts NOT about tunes. It's about music

Chris
  _       _    _      _ 

Jack Humphreys

• tunesbyjackhumphreys
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »

Thanks Chris
If it's likely to be in G minor.... put me down as a definite (providing wife hasn't booked us on holiday without telling me).  Playing G minor on a CF is  a key a like a lot, as there are many chord and reversal options.

In thanking you for bringing the style, I meant the more recent improvisational thing  from your Grenoble pals, not French-style playing more generally. I can remember going to Dave R for advice in one of the earliest Blowzabella workshop.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Grenoble teach-in in UK - available
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »

[bump] Had an email from Stef Milleret, who now pairs with flutist Jérémie Mignotte.

They have been doing the Gent improvisation course for several years, generally with a Boombal dance performance on one of the evenings. Interested in similar work in UK - say a weekend with french bal and either "French tunes", "Improvisation", or even "jazz standards" … Jérémie leans that way.

If anyone runs a British event and would like to be put in touch, please pm me. I'll contact the Kinnersley people separately, though they've gone more Scandi of recent years. Chris
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:25:03 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal