Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simpleish to play but sounds good?  (Read 1166 times)

mac

Simpleish to play but sounds good?
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »

I've learnt Egans polka, its simple yeah but it sounds quite good to me.

Does anyone have recommendations for similar kind of tunes? doesn't have to be Irish music, in fact anything will do for me.

I kind of like French music.

:)

Six Stars

• Good talker
  • Narrowboats and melodeons - what more can I need?
Re: Simpleish to play but sounds good?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »

One of the books I'm using is Dave Mallinson's "Easy Peasy tunes" - they are supposedly graded according to ease - but I am just working on the ones I already know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Peasy-Tunes-Absolute-Beginners/dp/1899512632/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354662013&sr=1-1

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Simpleish to play but sounds good?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »

Thème Vanettais, Bourrée des Dindes and Le Ruban Bleu are three of the simplest French tunes I know. All three tunes crop up quite regularly at sessions in England.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, Acadian one-row in D; Junior Martin one-row in C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.