Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Explorer: a Web chord/scale finder for squeezeboxes  (Read 13414 times)

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.

Still getting my head around what this does for me - but is there a way to add a 30 button G/D Anglo layout to it?
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping

Still getting my head around what this does for me - but is there a way to add a 30 button G/D Anglo layout to it?
This is what I've developed for my students. Any use to you?
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

AirTime

Just looking at this thread for the first time. Thank you so much for your hard work Chris - a tremendous resource! This will be VERY helpful to me in trying to advance beyond the push it & hope for the best stage!   (:)
1920's BbEb Hohner; 1920's  AD Koch; 1910 (?) One-row Hohner in D,  1910's GCB Maga Ercole; ; AD 1950's Pistelli, CF Sandpiper, CF Preciosa, BbEb Preciosa.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall

can you please post the note scheme here as  separate push and pull diagrams. Each can be a block for the two hands

push
x x x x    x x x x
x x x x    x x x x
x x x x    x x x x

pull
x x x x    x x x x
x x x x    x x x x
x x x x    x x x x

Assuming this is how the rows go? I used to play anglo and can voice it for you. Assume you would like you display rows curved as per steve. The webpage will find ANY chord if the instrument can do it, and some of the partials "work" too. i think 30 anglo happiest in its own keys, but friend Jan, of Gent plays proper jazz on his, and last december we were in G minor. So it's there … 
  _       _    _      _ 

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.

Thanks Steve - I am trying to extend my new and imperfect left hand skills on the melodeon towards my concertina. As such I am clearly not yet able to fully recognise the value of the tool, so please forgive my ignorance.
Thanks also to Chris for taking the time to develop it, of course  (:) kind of goes without saying, but perhaps it shouldn't.

Moving on the box in question, which a Marcus.  :||: Curves entirely optional!

Push
B  E  G# E  D#      G# E  D# G# C        G# are 3, 4 and 5 on a Petersen tuner
G  D  G  B  D         G  B  D  G  B
F# A  D  F# A       D  F# A  D  F#

Pull
C  F  A# D  F       A# D  F  A# E
D  F# A  C  E      F#  A  C  E  F#
G  C# E G  B       C# E  G  B  C#

Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Melodeon Explorer: a Web chord/scale finder for squeezeboxes
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2014, 07:43:44 AM »

Try this (indented but not curved)

Code: [Select]
→→ ¹B  ¹E  ¹G♯ ²E  ²D♯ →→ ²G♯ ³E  ³D♯ ³G♯ *C
→ ºG  ¹D  ¹G  ²B  ²D →→→→ ²G  ³B  ³D  ³G  *B
¹F♯ ²A  ²D  ²F♯ ³A → push → ³D  ³F♯ *A  *D  *F♯
=
→→ ¹C  ¹F  ²A♯ ²D  ²F →→ ³A♯ ³D  ³F  *A♯ *E
→ ¹D  ¹F♯ ²A  ²C  ²E →→→→ ²F♯  ³A  ³C  ³E ³F♯
¹G  ²C♯ ²E  ²G  ³B → pull →  ³C♯ ³E  ³G  *B  *C♯

The code converts prefix voicing octaves to suffixes (looks tidier). The range is dictated by that low G 2nd row. Rodec octaves start on "A" and your "G" is a tone below that, so has to be on octave 0.

To explain the "*"'s:  There is no suffix 4 in most typesets, but nor is such a high note very meaningful musically. Any note above octave 3 shows as "*" and voices in octave 4. The actual notes sounding when you click the icons are off my Gaillard

If it sounds too low  you can toggle higher octave (on - Control -- row). Better, edit the rodec in the box. Delete eg "¹G" and replace with 2G, etc etc - press the [!!] button to rebuild. If you want different indents use ">" for an "→" arrow - they convert too.

You can then save the text rodec on any (standard now) UTF-8 text medium (such as "melodeon.net")  ;)  (Yes, Clive, I was going to do a 'Mediæval' ASCII option ... )

Once you are happy with it I can plumb it in as a pre-set. This layout seems pretty common.

[thread title updated to reflect development]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:34:15 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal