Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: big beastie bandoneon!  (Read 2116 times)

finnhorse

big beastie bandoneon!
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »

I was surprised by how large the bandoneon is!  I thought they were similar in size to a concertina.  More like a Hayden system concertina.  Yikes!  Must have an air valve the size of a pie plate!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O76easc4zno

I watch this channel largely for the plethora of old Hohner boxes in the videos, but he seems to have taken some down in recent days.  He has five or six Club boxes from the 30's that are interesting to hear. 

There's some nice chamame from Argentina, especially from about 1:05 through to the end, although I can't tell if he's modified the layout because he's not using the helper row but it seems like his root note is one button higher (4th button doh?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fjD4AqGNTU

ghijze mitter hacken

• Castagnari 8+3 in G / English concertina
Re: big beastie bandoneon!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »

He is playing a normal sized bandoneon. Beautiful tune by the way. Chamamay is the music of the northern parts of Argentinia, based on European waltzes, mazurkas and polkas. Very often the bandoneon is playing together with an accordeon or melodeon. Raoul Barboza is one of the masters of chamamay. He plays a CBA.

Hearing this I regret to have sold my Alfred Arnold bandoneon som years ago.

ghijze mitter hacken

• Castagnari 8+3 in G / English concertina
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 10:55:43 PM »

"Renato Borghetti e sua Gaita-ponto" for some fine Brazilian squeeze box. Gaita ponto means button accordion. Some of these Brazilian accordions have a typical left hand side lay out.

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »

I watch this channel largely for the plethora of old Hohner boxes in the videos, but he seems to have taken some down in recent days.  He has five or six Club boxes from the 30's that are interesting to hear. 

I'd been looking through this fellow's Flickr sets. He seems to have fitted a 12 bass rig to a Hohner Club...

http://flickr.com/photos/tangobrujo/sets/72157606679832604/

Quite an ingenious little modification - looks like the reed blocks have been spliced together...

Ed J
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal