Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons @ Witney (2008)  (Read 20235 times)

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
Re: Melodeons @ Witney (2008)
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2008, 10:17:39 PM »

I've just remembered, I did have a sensible question: going back to the whole Dennis Crowther's missing notes issue - does everyone else have that low B? I thought I was just being stupid, and was too embarrassed to ask at the time, but have double-checked since getting home, and it definitely doesn't exist on my Erica  ???

Hi Ellie,

The same topic cropped up the previous day in Katie Howson's workshop. A quick poll of everyone in the room showed that about half the group had those low notes. So the class briefly re-organised into those playing in the lower octave and those playing at the squeeky end! After a few times through the tune, sanity prevailed, it was shifted into the key of D, and the group was reunited!

See you next year!

Andy
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Jeff

• Salterelle Pastourelle II & Hohner Erica, both D/G
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »

Hello everyone

Just to add to the comments above, I too had a great time, put faces to names on Mel.Net, kept quiet when I was baffled and will spend the next year trying to put it all into practice.

Thanks to everyone involved and particularly Katie and John.

Can't I book for next year now?

Regards
Jeff

PS - haven't the prices of new boxes gone up!!  Did you check out Music Room's stock?  Apparently it's the Euro.

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2008, 10:33:25 PM »

Someone said to me (perhaps it's a member of this forum) that for a month after Witney he couldn't keep the smile off his face.  I know exactly what he meant.  This was my first time and I am determined that it won't be my last.  A great weekend, a very special atmosphere and a delight to be amongst like-minded people who are happy to share their knowledge and passion.  So much to learn - but it'll be a blast trying!  Many thanks to all concerned.  Can someone remind me when the booking comes on line for next year?
Steve from Wakefield

Tyker

• Respected Sage
  • Cheviot C#DG,Hohners D and G/C
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »

.....  Can someone remind me when the booking comes on line for next year?

Lester is very good at posting this info
Graeme - North Hampshire,UK

There is no noun that can't be verbed

islawight

• Saltarelle Pastourelle
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »

Can someone remind me when the booking comes on line for next year?

The best way of course is to get yourself on the Hands On Music Weekends e-mailing list http://www.whitecottagewebsites.co.uk/homweekends/contact.htm - then you get a little email letting you know when bookings open.

Ayla

catie

• Northern Oak: English medieval/folk metal
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »

Sounds like a great time was had by all! I've signed up to the mailing list now so hopefully I won't miss out next year  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal