Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet Gloria  (Read 6411 times)

playandteach

Re: Meet Gloria
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2017, 12:27:45 AM »

Gloria up to Gateshead for a professional appraisal. It's probably good money after bad but imagine if Gloria could be made to be the best she's ever been, what then eh?
Two comments:
1 there is no such thing as good money in this context. Or bad - it's all money. But it's only money. Take heart, you're not getting ripped off, but is the a wise way to spend the money? I think that we are supporting both the tradition and the craftsmen in the process.
2 Gateshead is a great place to get value for money. I have learnt and paid relatively little for the learning.

I live with the knowledge that I have saved from skips things of beauty, when really they should have been skipped. But they are alive and well now and that is a real consolation.
One day I should be skipped and hopefully someone will pull me from the ashes and polish me up. I hear the cries of 'too late, too late'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.