Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a teacher in NE Ohio?  (Read 1049 times)

Grape Ape

Is there a teacher in NE Ohio?
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:57:43 PM »

I am relatively new to the melodeon (about 1 year) and self taught. While it has gone pretty well and I play every night, I think it is time to try to find an instructor.  I am interested in French and what I think are referred to as Continental waltzes, and would like to venture into Irish as well.  I may even be into online options as I fear that most play polkas on Piano accordion in this area. Truth is I have only once witnessed a melodeon being played in Ohio (though many piano accordions) and that was for Cajun music, which was cool but not my thing.  If you are out there please contact me, I live about halfway between Akron and the East side of Cleveland and can drive a half hour or so for lessons. If no one is in this area, is there any chance that anyone out there has any ideas on other options for teaching myself? I play a GC.

Thanks in advance
Frank

Accordion Dave

• Respected Sage
Re: Is there a teacher in NE Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:01:30 AM »

You might try contacting the

Polka Hall of Fame
605 East 222nd Street
Euclid, Ohio 44123

Phone: (216) 261-3263

Toll Free: (866)-66POLKA

www.polkafame.com

They would likely have some suggestions for teachers in your area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal