Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Use For Your Old Box?!  (Read 4234 times)

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
Re: A New Use For Your Old Box?!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »

Motorbikes are much more fun.

Yeah, don`t get started there ! (from leaky British heaps to 180Mph Kawasakis) , it`ll end up like the T-Shirt thread .. I loved Bikes
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »

Motorbikes are much more fun.

Yeah, don`t get started there ! (from leaky British heaps to 180Mph Kawasakis) , it`ll end up like the T-Shirt thread .. I loved Bikes

Leaky British Motorbikes!
A few years ago I had an Enfield. A Car drew up beside me and the driver said " that's a model made in India" I said "How do you know?" He said  " Because there's no bloody oil on the floor"
THREAD DRIFT. Sorry Theo.
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »

Wasn't it the Velocette that you could follow home an hour later by following the trail...?  Always used to say you know Velo's out of oil when it stoppped dribbling out.  I'd still love a Venom or Viper - I remember the wonderful sound that even the MAC models made.

I'm told that the "retro" Triumph models are leaktight because they have horizontally split crankcases.  Maybe that's true of them when they leave the factory, but I never had leaks from a vertically split casing - you had to grind them on glass or a surface plate, though.  The only bits I couldn't get to seal were the pushrod tubes.  Always carried a cloth and wiped them whilst still hot and then rubbed over the outer aluminium casings as it helped to stop them tarnishing.

I must be going over the hill - I get urges to buy a T100S (short legs) even when the sun isn't shining...

Rob.

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »

I had a Triumph Speed Twin , it leaked a little like Chanson bellows. The biggest bastard was the sprung hub for suspension. Lean over on corners a little too much and wallop! It was climb out of the hedge time.
  Don't even think about taking one of those things apart. My Mum never forgave me for all the Shrapnel marks on walls and ceiling and me hospitalised for two days.
Melodeon bellows of course are a lot safer, unless you suddenly find you have a bench full of levers and springs and not sure how to put them back. That really is serious!
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal