Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cocktail Diatonique  (Read 1381 times)

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
Cocktail Diatonique
« on: September 19, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »

On a recommendation from another thread I bought 'Cocktail Diatonique' on c.d. It features Jaques Beauchamp, Patrick Lancien, Yann-Fanch Perroches and Ronan Robert and it is utterly brilliant!!!
I've been getting into Euro' stuff lately and this album is a knockout, the playing superb and it hasnt been off my stereo since I got it. Thanks for the tip whoever it was! Bob.

Edit: and if anyone knows of any albums by the above mentioned or any in a similar vein I'd be pleased to hear about them!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:07:10 AM by Bobtheboat »
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: Cocktail Diatonique
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

I hadn't realised there's a new Cocktail Diatonique disc out - Spotify's got it. Confusingly, it seems to be named the same as the old one, but it *is* different. From the 4 people you've named, I'm guessing you've got the older CD CD (!) - I *think* from the various myspace things out there that the new one is a trio CD. The new one's the one with the red cover by the way... listening now!  (:)

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »

Ooh. Track 6's a cracker.

Bobtheboat

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »

Thanks Clive, just downloaded the ' new' one too. I'm absolutely amazed what these blokes can do with a melodeon! Cracking!! Bob
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
  • We are all the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra
    • l'Accordéonaire
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

This is great stuff, but it's still not my favorite Yann Fanch Perroch stuff -- favorite is the duo with Fanch Landreau, "Daou ha daou." Comes with a PDF of all the tunes on the disc.  A beautiful thing.

I've been thinking about concentrating a bit on Breton stuff.  I haven't done that in a good number of years.

***edited for confusion
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:42:54 PM by Gary Chapin »
Read the l'Accordéonaire French music blog: http://accordeonaire.com/
The Bal Folk Tune Book Project: https://accordeonaire.com/bal-folk-tune-book-project/
The Free Reed Liberation Orchestra: https://accordeonaire.com/the-free-reed-liberation-orchestra/

Bobtheboat

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »

Aha, another recommendation! Thanks Gary. I have ordered the c.d. and am eagerly awaiting delivery. I love this forum! One day I'll be playing like these blokes. Now off to practice  :||:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal