Author Topic: .  (Read 1277 times)

« on: April 04, 2013, 02:49:46 AM »

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:10:01 AM by . »

Tamba

• Respected Sage
  • Busilacchio
Re: Paolo Soprani.... Lotus Range
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »

I tried one of these out in a music shop that is in the Paolo Soprani building in Castelfidardo (the rest of the building is now apartments). I was disappointed by it, the action wasn't that fast and it felt adequate to play, but nothing more than that. The sound was nothing special and had nothing to distinguish it  from others of its type. Maybe my expectations were a bit high, and I was a little over excited at being in Paolo's place but at no point since then have I considered buying one of these when there are plenty of boxes in that price range that have more going for them.....in my opinion!
Tim

Noodle

• Louder is better, right?
  • Regular debater
  • Occasionally actually helpful
Re: Paolo Soprani.... Lotus Range
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »

The Music Room had one in A/D at Chippenham last year. I don't remember much about it, other than that it was a decent box and that it was strange a see a Paolo Soprani in a quint tuning, but I didn't want to leave the stall with it.
Nottingham, UK.

Hohners: HA114 (C), HA114 (G)*, Liliput (C/F), Preciosa (C/F)*, 1040 (G), Imperial. Dino Baffetti Binci III (D/G), Self-made Pariselle 2.6 (G/C), Soberano (C/F), Nopka garmoshka (F#)*.

One day I'll get really good, like those really good players. One day.
*to be fixed
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.