Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black diamond  (Read 1620 times)

ACE

Black diamond
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »

At the the folk club tonight and a chap came in with a new Black Diamond. I had to have a go naturally and was not that disappointed with the box. Very light 2 voice,  black plasticy model, nice sounding but mellow. Should be idea for singing with. Bellows played like a broken in poker work  but airtight. At the price he paid it is a very good starter/intermediate box and with the italian reeds, very sweet. I held back a bit on my excelsior mini to give him a chance in the little session we had, but it held its own for speed when we really got going.

Nearly forgot, nice left hand sounds
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo

Will Allen

• Good talker
  • D/G Sandpiper, Banjo, Bouzouki and almost fiddle
Re: Black diamond
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »

I agree, I played a couple at Melodeons and More a few weeks ago and yes they are very good in all the ways you described, the only thing I think could be better is if they made some wooded boxes as I prefer wood, and maybe slightly drier tuning, but again that's my preference.

Ray

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »

I agree, I played a couple at Melodeons and More a few weeks ago and yes they are very good in all the ways you described, the only thing I think could be better is if they made some wooded boxes as I prefer wood, and maybe slightly drier tuning, but again that's my preference.

Ahh good times, did your sandpiper get back to you yet?

Will Allen

• Good talker
  • D/G Sandpiper, Banjo, Bouzouki and almost fiddle
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »

Good times indeed haha, No it's still not back yet, they've had it 6 weeks now but at least they have assured me it's in better tuning than any sandpiper they've seen before. With any luck it'll arrive tomorrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal