Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A tribute to Tony Hall - Flowers of Edinburgh  (Read 6642 times)

OwenG

• Respected Sage
Re: A tribute to Tony Hall - Flowers of Edinburgh
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »

Anyone got any links to Tony Hall cartoons?

No, but there are some nice original ones on the walls of the Lord Nelson in Southwold.

I never knew that. I'll be there next week so I can spend a happy couple of hours looking for them! :|glug

The best place for Tony Hall cartoons is the letters page of the Eastern Daily Press newspaper.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »

Very nice video thanks. Amazing how much hair  ;) is seen on all three videos, and I thought he was bald! I've taken the liberty of cropping a little screen shot to show what an excellent draughtsman Tony is.

BTW I'd see "normal for Norfolk" as medical slang. I was actually doing a locum at the Norfolk & Norwich the week I visited Tony's session in Deerham Rd. AFAIR I picked up the term at that hospital, though it was in regular use in eg North London teaching hospitals. 

This sort of jocular but pejorative medical slang was formally banned by DoH approx 2004.  I think the politicians couldn't cope with some of the stuff they read in Adam Fox's BMJ article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3159813.stm

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:24:29 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

Prestidigitator

• Respected Sage
  • Saltarelle, Hohner, Oakwood Baffetti
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »

A brief update on Tony Hall cartoons to be seen in The Southwold Lord Nelson pub.

The pub has had the "Snug" upgraded (not, perhaps, to all tastes). However, it has the good effect that 9 of Tony's black and white cartoons can now be seen together on the fireplace wall.

They never fail to amuse me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal