Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard Layout  (Read 2498 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Keyboard Layout
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »

Hi Theo,

Talking to John Spiers and Steve Dumpleton at Melodeons at Witney this weekend, they suggested I contact you about posting a keyboard layout on Melodeon.net. I devised a new layout a few years ago and Castagnari built me a prototype box utilising this layout. Since then, I have had another box converted to the same configuration. Other people who have tried it have ordered similar boxes and I was asked by a couple of people at Sidmouth this year if I would post it on Melodeon.net. Since then a couple more people have made the same request, so I am writing to you to ask whether I may do so and, if so, how I should go about it.

I have already drawn out the layout in Microsoft Word in a similar style (but not quite the same) to the keyboard layouts already posted on the site. This is a three row configuration with three full octaves on the D and G rows and a full row of accidentals. The accidental row also contains the notes to enable all the notes in D and G to be played in both directions (i.e. C, C# and E on the push and D on the pull). This makes it easier to play triplets and righthand chords.

Best wishes,
Bob Ellis
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Keyboard Layout
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind offer, but please bear in mind that you are one of many who have devised their own keyboard layout.
I suggest you post it first to the forum where members can see it and discuss it.  It would also help if you could explain the principles which guided your choices.

Before posting please convert the file to gif, jpg or pdf format, and note that attachments have a maximum file size of 256k.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal