Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-row app  (Read 2237 times)

deltasalmon

1-row app
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »

I know there are a ton of 2-row melodeon apps for iOS and android but does anyone know of any 1-row apps? I suppose I could just play up and down the row on a 2-row but I was just curious if one has been made.

P.S. I only have android OS. I know Clive made one that has some pretty fancy customization features that might be able to do this but as far as I know isn't available for android yet.
Sean McGinnis
Bordentown City, NJ, USA

Castagnari Benny ADG

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: 1-row app
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:43:35 PM »

Yes, look for Michael's app 'Zydacco' - a 1 row simulator. It's only on iOS I think; I don't think it's on Android yet.

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »

P.S. I only have android OS. I know Clive made one that has some pretty fancy customization features that might be able to do this but as far as I know isn't available for android yet.

Yep, I'm not rushing towards Android I'm afraid; the economics of likely Android sales just don't justify the cost of the necessary software. If my (work) customer happens to buy me a nice android development kit later this year (possible), I might consider it then...

Bill the Farmer

• Not quite so
  • Respected Sage
  • Hohner Club, Liliput...
    • Bill Farmer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »

The standard android development tools, based on Eclipse, are free to download. I've done an android version of my tuner. However developing an android accordion/melodeon app using midi is not easy because, although there is a built in midi synthesizer, there appears to be no access to it except by playing midi files. I wanted to have a go, but have retired hurt.
Bill of Old Shoreham Town

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:03:59 AM »

Yep, unfortunately my app is built using Xamarin, which has a per platform licencing model. The Xamarin toolkit is fantastic really, especially for someone like me with a mostly .NET skill set, but there is a cost involved. It's likely I'll be doing some (real) work stuff with it this year, so eventually maybe...

Bill the Farmer

• Not quite so
  • Respected Sage
    • Bill Farmer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »

I have decided to have a go, haven't managed to get any sound out of it yet, but it looks very nice. Most important part really  >:E.

Bill the Farmer

• Not quite so
  • Respected Sage
    • Bill Farmer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »

There is an Accordion and Melodeon app now available on F-Droid. There are links to the documentation on the F-Droid pages.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:52:32 AM by Bill the Farmer »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal