Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musica Viva update  (Read 866 times)

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
Musica Viva update
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »

I recall that last year, some members of this forum were speculating on the future of Frank Nordberg's Musica Viva website, and wondering if Mr. Nordberg were in good health because his Ebay store was closed and his inbox did not seem to be accepting messages.

I did a web search yesterday and found the following post from Mr. Nordberg on Google+ dated 2011. For whatever reason, this post wasn't returned as search results on Google until now. But it seems like everything is okay and the site should be back up and running soon. You can view the progress on the site here.

Chris

Frank Nordberg
Aug 15, 2011  -  Public
Update for the site update:
I'm working on a complete rewrite of Musica Viva. The purpose is to:
a) add user interactive features
b) improve search functions
c) add a couple of new features
d) add a working store where visitors can purchase high-res downloads of sheet music, ebooks and photos
e) clean up obsolete and cluttered code
f) finally open some of the sections that have been empty/almost empty until now
g) redecorate

There are only 170 actual pages at Musica Viva (plus about 25-50 more I'll add) but they're all full of cgi code and everything is powered by a horrendously complex system of almost 50 relational databases.

I had planned to finish the work during the summer vacation but now I only hope the new site will be ready by the end of the year! ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal