Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Azeri garmon  (Read 2154 times)

nemethmik

• Good talker
Azeri garmon
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:58 AM »

The only thing I am really missing from the lost forum is the discussion and links on Azeri garmon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d08tZdTFdY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiOiT5RI78
I started with British/Irish music on the melodeon here, but after some years my interest has been shifted towards East either.
I am aware that a lot of people on this forum are interested in Eastern-European music either (remember John Bone's refeshing arrangments for TOTM).
It was on melodeon.net where I found a link to a video of diatoinic accordion (heligonka) music in Slovakia, and since then I visited folk festivals and I have friends in that area, and I learned colloquial Slovak.
Without melodeon.net this would not have been possible.
Miklos

Matt (Kings Norton)

• Respected Sage
  • West Midlands, UK
Re: Azeri garmon
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »

There is some interest in Eastern European accordion music on the new accordionists.co.uk, early days so far but might be worth seeing how that develops.  As you pointed out an Azeri garmon is the ultimate piano accordion, with two piano keyboards, so it could hardly be excluded from a generic accordion forum!  Also there is some quality garmon playing on Soundcloud as well as You Tube if you search around (probably more if I could read the cyrillic alphabet).

Also, nemethmik, wasn't it you who gave us some great tips on The Accordion Forum on finding our way round big jumps on the stradella basses?  It would be good to have those ideas on line somewhere on a suitable forum as I suspect that they might have helped a lot of people.  (Apologies if it was someone else.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:59:16 AM by matt vrs »

nemethmik

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »

There is some interest in Eastern European accordion music on the new accordionists.co.uk,
Not any more new accordion forum for me  :(

As you pointed out an Azeri garmon is the ultimate piano accordion
I am still in search to buy one, but it seems to me that a trip to Baku (or maybe to Istambul) is the only way to get one.

Also, nemethmik, wasn't it you who gave us some great tips on The Accordion Forum on finding our way round big jumps on the stradella basses?  It would be good to have those ideas on line somewhere on a suitable forum as I suspect that they might have helped a lot of people.
Yes, that was me, but instead of giving tips I requested tips and others gave me great hints. I just followed the tips, and I am now able to jump up and down skipping 3 buttons (eg from A down to F). I have started practicing end-to-end jumps (F# down to Db and back) on my 60-bass, and that is really a challenge.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:29:42 PM by nemethmik »
Miklos

Matt (Kings Norton)

• Respected Sage
  • West Midlands, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »

That's fair enough.

Well please do post a video when you have made it to Baku, I think it will be well worth the trip.

And thank you for bringing this great garmon music to my attention, I would never have known of it otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:22:39 PM by matt vrs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal