Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: See "Posh Box" being built for "nudiefish"  (Read 25223 times)

an bosca ceoil

• Respected Sage
Re: See "Posh Box" being built for "nudiefish"
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:41 PM »

Looks great, guess I don't need to remind you to wax that last right end reed in (previous pic)  ;)

… another satisfied customer  :|glug

Ten are sufficient on that block?

diatonix

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2013, 04:22:26 PM »

" As Time goes on more accordion maker will use CNC and Laser Cutting for nearly all wooden parts that lead to a bit less of individuality"
Fortunately, this statement doesn't make sense at all.

JohannPascher

• Good talker
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »

" As Time goes on more accordion maker will use CNC and Laser Cutting for nearly all wooden parts that lead to a bit less of individuality"
Fortunately, this statement doesn't make sense at all.
The statement is naturally from my few point. I only tell what i did see in the production of boxes at the time i did visit various builders in Italy, Slovenia, Austria and Germany the past. I personally don't use CNC or Laser Cutting on the wooden parts. I did not build as many boxes as Peter, and so for this small number of boxes i did not see a need for it, and i anyway enjoy making nearly everything my self.  I just started on making two new four row Austrian style Helicon boxes and i don't have a hurry. At the moment i did do the preparing of the wooden frames for the box. If any one is interested i also my tell step by step how i go along.

EastAnglianTed

• The wise wearer of the onesie
  • Castagnari Hascy-East Anglia for the win!
    • My Youtube account
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »

At the moment i did do the preparing of the wooden frames for the box. If any one is interested i also my tell step by step how i go along.

Please do! These kind of threads are very very interesting and useful.

Peter Stormy Hyde

• Regular debater
    • Hyde Accordions
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2013, 01:59:28 AM »

Looks great, guess I don't need to remind you to wax that last right end reed in (previous pic)  ;)

… another satisfied customer  :|glug

Ten are sufficient on that block?
Yes I keep the "blind cavity's" as much as possible.
"Locally Made; Globally Played". Truly custom made melodeons. your total needs are met in the construction of your personalized instrument. People with physical disabilities are catered for as far as possible.

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »

I think that in something like a fiddle, controlling everything about the build is arguably not a good thing, because it limits the range of instruments (and therefore the range of customers) that a luthier will generate. For a melodeon though, precision in building, not just in manufacture has to be a good thing. A good custom maker will be able to adapt to each client and deliver a box which is utterly individual to them. The fact that it is precisely made with CNC and laser cutting doesn't affect the individuality of the instrument at all. I am full of admiration for those who can build completely using hand tools, but to me, CNC and laser cutting is just a natural extension of the concept of a jig, which lets the craftsman build quicker and spend more time being creative.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Cag

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »

Cnc is a tool just like a saw. No one would criticise a person for using a powersaw rather than a handsaw to make an instrument. CNC is just another step up in the tool chain.

In the end, cnc or not, the instrument is a reflection of the design which comes from the maker's head and reflects their experience. Cnc makes it easier to avoid manual mistakes, and if manual mistakes equal quality something is awry.

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »

By the by nudiefish, nice sound on that box! But remember that you can take your fingers off the bass from time to time ;)
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

nudiefish

• Aussie Morriser
    • Art Prints
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2013, 09:14:14 AM »

Thanks, ukebert, I'll try and take that on board.
1 x Hohner D/G, 1 Sandpiper Stint D/G and a Hyde D/G Box.  I'm also a photo buff!

JohannPascher

• Good talker
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2013, 04:43:02 PM »

I have made the fist few pictures about the building process.
My be is better i open a new thread.
At the moment pictures are on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.661706320513827.1073741827.100000233943577&type=1&l=0a0fedbeb8

best regards, Johann

JohannPascher

• Good talker
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »

At the moment pictures are on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.661706320513827.1073741827.100000233943577&type=1&l=0a0fedbeb8

I have now created my on thread about my project to keep this away from this very interesting thread.
See:
http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,13284.0.html

About the question that is discussed here at the moment:
"The only problem i can see so far is that the little coils would mean there will be a lot of cabling moving around that is not anchored, and could end up between the reed blocks."

I also would think so, but one could give it a try. I think the distance between one side and the other of the bellows frame is  not long enough for the collapsed  coil. First one would need a nice wire coil with the amount of wires in it as the are needed.
How many single wires are in it?
Is such a coil available somewhere?
Will the coil keep its springiness over time?
I am also not sure if the wire will finaly with fast bellows movement still get caught?

Best regards, Johann Pascher
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:01:55 PM by JohannPascher »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal