Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taping Bellows  (Read 1692 times)

911377brian

Taping Bellows
« on: May 12, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »

Got myself a lovely little 1930's Hohner 1040 in C last week in a swop with a ukulele. I think the previous owner must have played it in chain mail as the bellows tape was worn through on the top [?] and the back to a point where I thought the bellows themselves might be damaged. I got the tape and adhesive from Charlie Marshall then went into a complete blue funk about tackling the job, until I stumbled across Lester's 'how to' video' on the subject. must have watched it a dozen times before I mustered up the balls to get going, but after a timorous beginning and gaining cautious confidence as I went along I finished up with quite a classy job. The horrible bit was removing the old Hohner paper tape and cleaning up the folds properly, a job I took a lot of time over in order to put off the evil moment of starting on the taping. Thank's Lester! By the way, is that you doing the calling on the video? Quite mesmeric after you've heard it a dozen times in a row... ;)

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
Re: Taping Bellows
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 03:31:53 PM »

(Lester is really an international treasure.  His tune sites, especially, are a great resource.)
 :|glug :|glug :|glug
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Taping Bellows
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »

:|bl

That is Rod our drummer/caller on the backing track, me on box so totally unable to talk let alone call  (:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal