Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advanced GC melodeon course in Belgium 21-25 August with Benjamin Macke  (Read 1540 times)

boisterous budgie

• Regular debater

Hello

For those of you who play the GC (+acc) it seems there still are a few places going for an excellent course advanced melodeon with Benjamin Macke!! You will have to be fast though to register- the deadline is early next week...

For this level you need to be able to learn melodies by ear easily. It is residential (camping) in Belgium from 21-25 August in a wonderful folk festival with folkballs and concerts every evening, great food and a lovely atmosphere.

If you want more info you can pm me or below you have details so you can check with Benjamin himself if this is the right course for you.

BB

http://www.muziekmozaiek.be/index.php?onderdeel=3991&titel=Stage+Volksmuziek

13. Trekharmonica vergevorderden  ^
(max. 10 deelnemers)

Benjamin Macke, +32(0)69 21 64 92, benjamin.macke@gmail.com

Minimumvereisten: - Vertrouwd zijn met je accordeon d.w.z. gemakkelijk op het gehoor melodieën kunnen aanleren
Inhoud: - Naast de noten en het ritme van een melodie is er ook nog de klank, de interpretatie, de variatie, het samenspel.... Vertrekkend van gevarieerde melodieën die in groep aangeleerd worden, zullen we daarna de tijd nemen om de individuele expressie uit te diepen.
Daarnaast zullen we ook onze oren openen voor de rijkdom van het harmonische kleurenpalet van akkoordenschema's evenals voor de ritmische begeleidingsmogelijkheden.
Benodigdheden: - Een accordeon in sol-do en opnamemateriaal

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall

Minimum Requirements: - Familiarity with accordion and ability to learn melodies

Curriculum: - A melody is more than notes and rhythm. There is also its sound, interpretation, variations, interplay

We'll begin with melodies taught to the whole group group and then take time to deepen our individual interpretation of them.  We'll draw from for a rich palette of harmonious chord progressions and explore possibilities in rhythmic accompaniment.

Requirements: - An accordion in G/C, and recording material
  _       _    _      _ 

boisterous budgie

• Regular debater

Thanks Chris, you are a star!!! Your Dutch is miles better than I assumed?!

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall

"Schoolboy" quite literally - een liefdesrelatie in de Amsterdamse Jordaan toen ik een tiener was Her mother ran Nederlandse Volksdansvereniging (Holland's EFDSS) so that was my introduction to European folk dance. I can manage French OK but cheat shamelessly in Dutch; my accent has been described as "Patagonian" :-\ and Peter Libbrecht is always quick to point out some absurdity :o from any Google pre-translate. Note that I'm following the shrewd and much safer  ;) practice of translating from something I can "sort of understand" to the tongue my mother taught me.

If that might help someone in the forum, good. These courses can be very "expanding" of one's horizons and language isn't really a barrier. Someone will always help you with the odd word and .. buttons and fingers are "the same".  East Flanders is also a lovely place to stay. The small town that hosted Saturday's Boombal had two (!) cordon bleu restaurants - both full of locals enjoying the good life and the fabulous Belgian ->:|glug
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal