Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silent Navigator  (Read 1645 times)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Silent Navigator
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »

AbcNavigator2 has ceased to play sounds on my Laptop.  >:( No other sound software is silent. Has anobody else come across this problem please?

Chris (  :( )
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
Re: Silent Navigator
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »

AbcNavigator2 has ceased to play sounds on my Laptop.  >:( No other sound software is silent. Has anobody else come across this problem please?

Chris (  :( )

Yes. AbcNavigator2 has a tendency to reset the MIDI sound volume to zero when it's closed down. Open the Volume Control panel (from taskbar or Control Panel, usually), and you may find the MIDI volume at zero. Slide it up, and all should be well.

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »

Or click on Options - > Preferences, then on the MIDI tab.

Check the name shown as the MIDI Out device. With most generic sound cards it should show "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth", unless you installed a specific sound card driver, which should then show in the drop-down list.

Also make sure there is a selected tune. Sometimes when opening the navigator, it shows "No Tune" in the green slider at the top of the screen, the one that shows the bar numbers as a tune plays.
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »

Thanks everybody for your help. I've found what the problem was, though how it came about I haven't the slightest idea. I checked "Volume" and found that "SW Synth" slide had slipped to the bottom somehow. I put it up again and voila! Robert est ton oncle!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal