Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are some Concertinas so expensive?  (Read 16948 times)

dunlustin

• Regular debater
Re: Why are some Concertinas so expensive?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »

Coming back to the OP and having been there, I'm surprised that nobody dwells on the irrational passion people have for these instruments. That passion is what moves people to pay unspeakable amounts of money for something they dearly wish to own. It can be a Gibson guitar, a Selmer sax or an Anglo by a praised maker.
It's about the market - when cornered in the 70s that's why mostly only rubbish was  available in the shops and my Anglo went up by 50% six months after I ordered it.
I really don't understand how a 5 - 7 year wait (as I read) - even 4 years come to that -  can be seen as a business proposition. It's a self-indulgence on both sides and that's why there is no real reason for prices. This is even harder to justify when some professionals can carve out a 50 year career with just one instrument - and not top of the range at that.
You can buy a world class CBA for the price of an Anglo - that did not used to be the case and it still makes no objective sense.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Why are some Concertinas so expensive?
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 02:16:58 PM »

Original question has been thoroughly answered, now into territory more suited to concertina.net.  Please support that site for further concertina discussion.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal