Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slipping left hand  (Read 6342 times)

Cooper

• Gaillrd G/C/#,Casta Allain8 GC,Lofft CF, giord ad
    • Cooper's homepage
Re: Slipping left hand
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »

Havent read everything yet, but did you guys try one of those thingies that you can buy for your mobilephone in the car, soit wont slide of your dashboard?
W
Please correct my English, it's been a while, and i like to learn.
And don't be so polite! I know i must be typing tons of stuff that a native speaker would say differently...please enlighten me.

www.wouterkuyper.nl
www.lirio.nl
www.trekzakacademie.nl

Lyn

• Respected Sage
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »

Phew! Thought it was just me! I had absolutely no problem with my Saltarelle Nuage (8 basses 2 rows) but having purchased a Castagnari Mory  (12 basses, 2 1/2 rows) because of the kind of music I enjoy playing, I'm finding the extra weight a bit of a problem on the left hand.

I DON'T have small hands!  :-[ so it isn't that, but if I have the strap too loose the weight of the box drags the box down and I struggle at times to reach down to the lower buttons because my hand is forced up against the strap; if I tighten it up the reverse occurs and I struggle to stretch to the top 4 buttons! Also, I then can't reach forward quickly to access the beautifully placed stops - one of the reasons I bought it in the first place!

In actual fact the problem doesn't present itself as largely as I may have made it sound, but I AM just learning this box and it does catch me out frequently and I often nearly miss the correct button.

Pikey if you could post that photo I'd love to see if it might help. And I'll re-read all the answering posts to see if I can dig something helpful out of that lot!
saltarelle nuage DG

Castagnari Mory DG

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »

It comes … I went from a little Lilly to a Mori once. Took a month or so.
  _       _    _      _ 

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »

Here you go, two photos. It's a loop of leather fastened with the lower bellows strap fixings. The loop comes about two thirds of the way up the box, the required length will of course depend on your wrist and the size of the box  (:)

Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

Lyn

• Respected Sage
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »

Thanks for the photos, Pikey.

Incidentally, I have to say I am extremely pleased with my new-to-me Mory, and apart from this one nuisance (more down to me than the box) I have no complaints. It is certainly a heck of a sight more manageable than the brand new Beltuna Alex I tried initially! :D
saltarelle nuage DG

Castagnari Mory DG
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal