Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right hand chords suitable for E harmonic minor on a D/G  (Read 916 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Right hand chords suitable for E harmonic minor on a D/G
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:07:16 AM »

Stimulated by the present TOTM - I've set up melodeon explorer for D/G with Eb accidental on the push. These are the "standard" chords for Em (harmonic) eg Ciel de Paris. They are made simply by taking alternate notes from the scale, and number (traditionally in Latin!) from the tonic position.  Basically to 'arrange' the tun in your own way try these out as arpeggios or simple chords, substituting for melody "where it sounds nice" - this style of embellishment is "very French"

i  E minor
ii F#m7b5
III G+     
iv  Am7   
V  B7       
VI Cmaj7
vii D# dim
 = Eb dim 

But basically to help explore RH chords in general!  If your Eb is the other way .. find as many of the yellow notes you can in that direction, but you won't have a B bass in the right direction and I'd simply miss out the Eb. Note that some of the notes you can fit in to enrich chords may be on left end (utility will depend on your box's voicing). You can also extend chords using alternate scale notes eg Em = E,G,B,[no 7],*F#,*A,*C  *=upper octave  Happy experimenting ..
  _       _    _      _ 

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
Re: Right hand chords suitable for E harmonic minor on a D/G
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »

No Bmaj, but you do have a fuller D#dim, which is gorgeous.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal