Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New box from Manfrini  (Read 11756 times)

mory

New box from Manfrini
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:48:07 PM »

Just thought this deserves a post of it's own. I'm sure of great interest to many. Info & link Courtesy of Gromit
New Box From Manfrini

The Colm Gannon box "Bosca Ceoil"

the one he's playing is :-"It's a three voice, with no stops mmm b/c. But are available in all keys 2895 euro

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151957047903132   or  http://www.frequency.com/video/new-box-to-market-bosca-ceoil-by/118527551/-/Facebook
Has anyone here had there hands on one yet?  Luke? 

please feel free to move if in wrong place Theo.          AtB mory

mory

Re: New box from Manfrini
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »

In reply
This box is only available from Colm Gannon at Gannon's Traditional Irish Music Shop contact http://colmgannon.com/contact

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »

It sounds great mory but I got there first (see other thread). The styling is naff though. The grille just does not blend with the rest of it and sticks out like a sore thumb.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »

In reply
This box is only available from Colm Gannon at Gannon's Traditional Irish Music Shop contact http://colmgannon.com/contact

Hi
Not quite so,I used to be agent for Manfrini in England,,Acorn Instruments.
In past couple of weeks Robert rolston agreed to let me sell his accordions again rather than do it all himself.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

mory

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »

Pete
Does that include this then Pete? as Colm suggests it is only available through him. Good for you by the way. AtB

Steve
I agree, that and the over large signature, which I think would be much better as a small badge style, but it's all in the detail as they say and plenty of sales have been won or lost on these issues, I guess. One can only wish them well with it, as it's catering to our chosen market. I think that can only be to the good, don't you? AtB

Theo
If you think these two threads should be joined please feel free, I missed the other one so my fault sorry AtB mory

greybox1

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »

More Information is required on this Instrument from Manfrini/gannon ie reed quality ,accordion make up etc before people jump in the deep end

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:02 PM »

More Information is required on this Instrument from Manfrini/gannon ie reed quality ,accordion make up etc before people jump in the deep end

If you wish to consider buying one of these, or any other box, go and play one. It matters more how it feels/sounds in your hands than whether it has tipo a mano GT stripes or not.

greybox1

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »

If you wish to consider buying one of these, or any other box, go and play one. It matters more how it feels/sounds in your hands than whether it has tipo a mano GT stripes or not.

Thats good and well and you are correct but is this not a forum to discuss such issue's.? This Box appears to be aimed at lovers of the old greys paolo,s of the 40s and 50s.
Im not concerned over looks but I am over build/sound quality.
It would be great If Colm or manfrini could supply a little more info.

mory

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

Not sure which deep end you saw greybox1 and sound advice Lester,  but we are talking about a new box not at large yet, as far as I know. What we do know is this.
This new machine arrived at our door last night!!! What a machine!! I've been waiting a while to see it. I've been working with the very talented instrument maker Robert Rolston, from Manfrini Accordions, for the past year designing this box. After all the anticipation, it did not let me down. What a great instrument! It has a fantastic keyboard, a wooden soundboard like the old grey Paolo Soprani's and is a joy to play! Perfect combo, it has that nostalgic sound of the old boxes with the playability of a new machine! Have a listen and see for yourself.
 "Bosca Ceoil" will be available exclusively from Gannon's Traditional Irish Music Shop, if your interested in one feel free to contact us.
(Lifted from Colm's Facebook page) If there is more Information hopefully it will arrive HERE. AtB mory

"but is this not a forum to discuss such issue's" not sure what you mean greybox

Nearly Christmas    ...... "let nothing you dismay".....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:13:37 PM by mory »

greybox1

• Good talker
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »

"but is this not a forum to discuss such issue's" not sure what you mean greybox"

Is this thread not " new box from Manfrini"

mory

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

With you now (I think), any attempt at replicating the old Paolo's is as, I think I might have intimated, a good thing but in truth it's going to take years to find out unless the age and years of playing have no part in the Old Greys sound. I'm going out, look forward to finding out all about it on my return  ;) AtB mory

Sorry greybox1 misread your post. read it as "this is not" and not "is this not" silly me, Told you I wasn't well  :-[
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:33:17 PM by mory »

greybox1

• Good talker
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »

I have spoken to Colm and he is to provide more information in the coming days.

I cant wait to try one. I think they sound great :|||:

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

Hi

I asked Robert for details on the box,UK price etc,the e mail I received is bellow.
This is a very new box,made to spec and not an existing model from an established maker then re badged and given a twist.
Manfrini piano accordions are now getting accepted because of there quality,when I first represented them they were very new and a lot of hard work was done promoting them.
Players now playing Manfrini PA inc  Phil Cunningham,Mark Knofler band,Donald Shaw Capercaillie.

Hi Peter

The 2 row is 3 voice, wooden pallet board, hand made reeds.
It has had an excellent reception in Ireland, the first sale went to a guy who bought a Briggs, he says our 2 row is miles ahead.
It will be available in various keys, but no changes to 1st,3d and 5th on the chords, they will be as per the reed maker.
Price £2595, only making with hand made reeds, selection of colours available in the usual celluloid finished.
Deliver around 2 months.

Kind regards
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Colm Gannon

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »

Sorry I haven't got to reply earlier, Myself and my wife Kelly Gannon have just opened a music school and music shop in Spiddal, co Galway. I have been very busy with the new construction of the premises and the general organizing. But I'm Here now. Here is a little info on the Manfrini:
It is a 3 voice mmm, b/c two row button accordion. The action is superb and the sound is great as well. This particular one is tuned at +8-8, I will be tuning my own personal one a good bit wider, but that's just what I'm used to from the old Paolo I always play. The reeds are handmade and top quality! It has a bass lever rather than a bass button and it is extremely responsive in every manner, such as reaction time (even with vigorous bellows movement), as well as reacting well to bellows pressure very well so the dynamics are great! The bellows compression doesn't lack at all which helps the response. As well as that the sound board or pallet board (which ever term you use, is wooden, not aluminum, reminiscent of the old grey Paolo Sopranis. As we all know an instrument only gets better with time and playing, saying that if this box didn't improve at all (which it will), I would be content playing it all the time! You prob know that I like my accordions and like them to be right and this one fits the bill. If there are any questions feel free to email me at gannonsmusicshop@gmail.com also you can get some more info from my website here: http://colmgannon.com/bosca-ceoil-by-manfrini 

mory

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »

Thanks Colm that's just what we needed, between this post and the info on your website we are a lot better informed. There looks to be lots of potential and plenty of options.
On a more personal note I'm really looking forward to your album launch at Camden on the 26th and your appearance with John Carty et al, will you be bringing the Manfrini?
Good luck with the new venture.
See you there All the Best mory

melodeon

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »

Colm,

I am confused : )

Are the accordeons compeletly constructed and reeded and tuned in Italy.. or in part at your end.

Thanks

LDbosca

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 01:32:40 AM »

It certainly sounds great in the videos, and a lot better then the other attempt at doing an new "old grey" job. I look forward to trying one!

What's the action height Colm?

tedrick

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 03:10:07 AM »

do we know how much the box weights?
Reed

mory

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »

do we know how much the box weights?
Reed

Be to heavy for you Reed  (:)

Colm Gannon

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 07:53:17 AM »

Thanks Colm that's just what we needed, between this post and the info on your website we are a lot better informed. There looks to be lots of potential and plenty of options.
On a more personal note I'm really looking forward to your album launch at Camden on the 26th and your appearance with John Carty et al, will you be bringing the Manfrini?
Good luck with the new venture.
See you there All the Best mory
Looking forward to it myself, I'd say I'll bring the manfrini alright!! I need to bring a couple because I'm playing with the John Carty band and they'll be up a semitone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal