Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean Buttons  (Read 2178 times)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Clean Buttons
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:33:44 PM »

Can anyone suggest how I can clean the buttons on my Pokerwork one-row? The tops are clean from being fingered, but the side are completely black? I thought I'd seen something about this somewhere else on the Forum, but unfortunately I can't find anything at all.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Clean Buttons
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

Take the fingerboard off,  spray the buttons with detergent (my current favourite is Cillit Bang grime and lime) taking care not to spray onto the wood.  Allow to soak, scrub with an old toothbrush, rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary. I find that if I rest the metal lever on the edge of the sink it supports the buttons while I scrub.   Leave the whole thing in a warm room  to dry before replacing the fingerboard.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: Clean Buttons
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

Thanks Theo - I'll give it a go. The new straps work a treat by the way. They give me what I can only call a solid platform to play from. With the originals the box was shifting all over the place.

Chris.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal