Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Italian Experience  (Read 843 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
An Italian Experience
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »

I'm still getting over dancing in Italy last weekend.
We had the pleasure of Ollie from this parish on melodeon, and we bumped into several local dance troupes playing boxes.
Naturally Ollie was drawn to the boxes, apparently organetto's of all different hues. Some looked like 2 row Dino Baffetti Black Pearls, except they had only 2 bases and the inside row was a reversal of the outside according to Ollie. On the next few nights we had white and rhinestione versions, and an electric blue to boot!
The players had stunning right hands, a blur of cascading notes, whilst their dancers danced various tarantellas etc.
On the first night one older player had a habit of pulling the bellows *w i d e * open, a full two arm stretch like he was using a tuneful bullworker.
After one such display he flipped the bellows over my daughter and took her for a waltz around the place whilst still playing!
I think Ollie's 12 bass 2 row Erika had them confused  ;D

Sadly we never got over to any of the maker's factories as the mornings were spent getting over really late night ( early morning ) performances.... and of course we just *had* to soak the legs to recouperate.... in warm Mediterranean  seas..... absolute bliss!
Q
just about stopped aching!
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

BJG

• Regular debater
    • Magicfolk
Re: An Italian Experience
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »

Sounds like you had a blast. :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:37:56 PM by BJG »

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »

yep.... it was really hard work but tremendously enjoyable, and as my first introduction to Italy, really positive!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

rebus

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »

Sounds like you were in Southern Italy. I'm glad you enjoyed!  (:)
Giustozzi Mod. 87a F/Bb
Dino Baffetti Mod. 85LC G/C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal