Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OBITUARIES  (Read 1625 times)

Malcolm

• Regular debater
OBITUARIES
« on: September 16, 2013, 07:13:58 AM »

I notice a couple of deaths reported in the News section in the past couple of days. By the nature of things, melodeon players, like all singers and musicians, have a wide circle of acquaintances, people you see at sessions and recognise across a crowded room but may not know even to say hello too yet who's presence is a welcome sight. And then suddenly they are gone and you wonder why. Musical Traditions Internet magazine has a section for obituaries and I wondered whether Melodeon.Net would benefit from a similar facility to announce the passing of melodeon players and kindred spirits?
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (My first box). Hohner Pokerwork C/F (Thanks to Martyn White). Hohner 4 Stops in G (My Minehead Box), D & C. Hohner Erikas in D/G & Bb/Eb (Thanks to Mike Rowbottom & Martyn White). Saltarelle Berry D/G (The token Costalotti) and a G/C Hohner Corso (wetter than an English summer)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.