Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Technique That Is New To Me  (Read 5696 times)

Peter G

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Pokerwork, Castagnari Tommy
Re: A Technique That Is New To Me
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »

Shall we just say that although quite decorous, the appendages to which you allude seem somewhat unfit for purpose in the matter at hand?  ::) 8) >:E
[/quote]

hand??  :-[

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 11:58:03 PM »

So has anyone tried pulling out a stop with their teeth...when they realise halfway in to a tune that they forgot to do it before they started?  I've thought about it but decided I'd probably end up with an expensive dental bill.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »

once
  _       _    _      _ 

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants

SteveC

• Regular debater
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

Drifting away from appendages and back to the thread in hand I've just tried playing the tune.
I got the dots from Accademia del Mantice and the phrase in question is a set of double notes.

I noted the post stating Stephane Delicq used the technique himself to play the tune so I've tried playing the tune with two fingers moving across rows and then with the thumb technique and there's no doubt that using the thumb - even as a total novice to the technique - it sounds better. More fluid and melodic, using two fingers only and jumping around creates a staccato effect.

I shall now endeavour to learn it like that since it's a lovely tune and it's good to show that an old dog can learn new tricks.

David J

• Regular debater
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »

The young lady in this video uses her right thumb in a manner I haven't seen anyone use before. Is this very unusual or haven't I been paying attention?
I've not seen that particular technique on a melodeon before. Somewhat more common is using the RH thumb to reach the accidentals at the chin-end of a 2-row box.
As used by this excellent player from Finland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFYIONrQZTA
Luukinen Elene III, Baffetti Binci, and an increasing number of Hohners
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal