Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Marge........ Humorous thread...... Melodeon related problems only please  (Read 27649 times)

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?

Dear Marge, I play a one row and was quite happy playing with my instrument by myself at home. I went out in a group recently, the 2 row and 3 row guys started  laughing and sniggering at me and asking about my cross row technique. When I started to cry they laughed louder. What do I do? Do I join them and lose my individuality? Do I ignore them? Do I give them all 4 stops?

Please help

Single guy.
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)

Dear Marge, I play a one row and was quite happy playing with my instrument by myself at home. I went out in a group recently, the 2 row and 3 row guys started  laughing and sniggering at me and asking about my cross row technique. When I started to cry they laughed louder. What do I do? Do I join them and lose my individuality? Do I ignore them? Do I give them all 4 stops?

Please help

Single guy.

Dear Single Guy,
Just be happy with your one row, others may try to intimidate you with their amazing range of buttons,Pushme pullyou etc. But that does not make their music any better, just louder and probably more aggravating to the listeners. Your individuality will stand out . "Less is more" as Oscar Woods
Said " and while you're at it where's the Woodbines?" *
If you have any more problems with the multi- buttoners,  please write again.
Marje.
* a cheap cigarette from W.D. And H. O. Wills, (no longer available)

Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?

Dear Marje,

I keep playing with my instrument in the hope that my performance will improve, but I notice that many players who are better than me spend more time writing witty innuendos on a chat group than playing with their instrument. Am I going about it the wrong way?

Perplexed of Hawes

Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....

Dear Marje,

I keep playing with my instrument in the hope that my performance will improve, but I notice that many players who are better than me spend more time writing witty innuendos on a chat group than playing with their instrument. Am I going about it the wrong way?

Perplexed of Hawes

Dear Perplexed,
Yes.
Marje.

(Editor: Marjes reply was cut short due to a call of nature)
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

SamH

Dear Marge, Marje, Margery, Marjory or Madge

I have been playing the melodeon for just over a year now, I feel I am doing really well! I can play a few notes of buttered peas (The G, C, A and Eb I think). I also play the Shaky-Egg, which has given me valuable experience in all of the technical music theory I need to master such a fine, complex instrument as the one row melodeon (Which is the model the man from Hawkins Bazaar recommended)

I am worried I am watering down the other instruments I play (As well as the banjo, which I only started as a joke) So do I continue learning the melodeon or do I focus on my main instruments: the shaky-egg, the triangle (Diatonic AND Chromatic) and the empty-beer-glass-I-tap-against-the-table-sometimes-in-sessions)?

Yours Faithfully
One-String-Banjo-Sam.
D/G Serenellini Seli, Saltarelle Pastorelle II

mory

Dear Deirdre

For some strange reason I have recently been inundated with letters regarding people and their problems with melodeons. These aren't your usual sort we deal with, generally coming from the editors personal life, that we are both so used to. But these, well honestly, talk about perverse. Consequently I'm not sure how much more of this I can take!

Yours flabbergasted and exasperated Marje   
 P.S. I think I need a lie down all I here about is melodeon this melodeon that I think I'm having a nervous...........
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:05:44 PM by mory »

SamH

Dear Marge

My girlfriend doesn't seem to like my melodeon playing. Should I play louder?

Sam.
D/G Serenellini Seli, Saltarelle Pastorelle II

Nick Collis Bird

Dear Marge

My girlfriend doesn't seem to like my melodeon playing. Should I play louder?

Sam.

Sam, probably better to change you Girlfriend . I had a Girlfriend once she didn't like motorbikes,
So I bought a Scooter. Got tied up with the Brighton thingy, wearing Leathers And not a Parka.
Even to this day I am still picking pieces out from my exhaust pipe.
Play louder, with a different woman,
Marje.
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?

Dear Sam ,
 you might also try to playing slower and for longer and if she is still not happy
don't think about marriage or she might just toss your melodeon in the trash after she breaks it into a million pieces
Marje
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?

Dear Marje,
My melodeon keyboard has been giving me trouble lately My rod has been getting stuck in the hole in the lever. so Theo's advise was to take the rod out, give it a good cleaning & polishing if needed (and it was ) then I reinsert it back in the hole and reamed that out until the rod spun freely. And after that when I played with it it felt very good but because I play often and for a long time I feel a little heat building up so , My question is do you think I need a lubricant?

Sick Puppy
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

Nick Collis Bird

Dear Marje,
My melodeon keyboard has been giving me trouble lately My rod has been getting stuck in the hole in the lever. so Theo's advise was to take the rod out, give it a good cleaning & polishing if needed (and it was ) then I reinsert it back in the hole and reamed that out until the rod spun freely. And after that when I played with it it felt very good but because I play often and for a long time I feel a little heat building up so , My question is do you think I need a lubricant?

Sick Puppy

No, just keep taking the tablets . From your previous posts I assume you're still on the WD 40,
If that has not worked well enough, there is a new substance on the market  available only on Melnet, called THEOREESSGRAPHITELESTERINE. I'm pretty sure your chemist will advise .
Marje.

Nick Collis Bird

Dear Marje,
  I'm in a quandary.or quandry.
I have a Lilliput Bb/Eb and the bellows have been re-taped. Now I can't do the straps up.
Is this a serious problem?  My Girlfriend says "just let it hang loose, I like it that way". But I'm not convinced.
Yours, Strapless in Seattle

911377brian

What have you loosed onto the melodeonsphere Pikey? I can almost hear the distant rhythmic knocking of Theo's head on his work bench... ::)

Nick Collis Bird

Very true Brian >:E
But all of us must have a sense of humour somewhere. Even if it is concealed inside the bellows
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:10:12 AM by Nick Collis Bird »

Marje

• Respected Sage

Dear Marje,

I am confused. Normally all the Melnet posts from Marje are mine, but now there are impostors all over the place, posting some stuff which, to be frank, is somewhat smutty, and bringing my name into disrepute.  I am the original Marje, and have been one all my life. I even carry a Marge Simpson keyfob, that's about as Margey as you can get. I don't want to have to change my name to avoid further confusion - maybe I will just go straight to my lawyer.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, how should we spell it? "Marge" looks ok but as my full name is Marjorie, it's not quite right. "Marj" looks as if I'd forgotten to finish it off, and can be mis-read as "Mary", while "Marje" is a breach of normal English orthography. What were my parents thinking of, gving me an unspellable name?

Your perplexedly,
Marj(e)
Marje

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon

Worry not Marje, I know who you are......
( I think )  ???
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Nick Collis Bird

Dear Marje,
Please don't worry if your name has been usurped. You could always join MARGE anonymous .
My mum told me back in the forties that Butter was better than Marge because Margarine was invented by Napoleon Bonaparte  for marching his army on their stomachs., and they all suffered from RSI.
Which is repeated something or other.
Bellows suffer from the same thing especially when they have no feet to rest on.
Anyway keep posting in Marje,
Marje

Nick Collis Bird

Dear Marje,
  You may have read in the Tabloids that I have been Rusticated.
Do you think that drinking a pint of Red Lead with bellows open or closed could be a cure.
Please help me in my quandry or is that please help me with my laundry?

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon

I thought 'rusticated' wuz wot happened down yer when outsiders move in   ???
Or have I misunderstood?
Marje, please put me out my misery ........
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

EastAnglianTed

• The wise wearer of the onesie
  • Castagnari Hascy-East Anglia for the win!
    • My Youtube account

Dear Marje,
                   I am in a happy relationship with Hascy. She is perfectly sized, can't fault her in any way. I used to know Erica, but her voice was too high for me at some points, so we went our seperate ways.
    Thing is, I saw Mory the other day, and she is a little bigger than Hascy but by god I wanted a good squeeze on a bigger set of bellows for once. Since then, I know I will never betray Hascy, but my urge for longer squeezes on bigger bellows has been getting stronger.
    Help!
    Bacon McFinchfarts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal