Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune of the Month for November 2013: The Blossom and the Rain  (Read 7407 times)

ndsailor

Re: Tune of the Month for November 2013: The Blossom and the Rain
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »

My first participation in posting for the Tune of the Month.   Thanks to Brian Peters for composing such a beautiful piece.  I have added some of my own twists in my interpretation....

http://youtu.be/Z4J0c-l3THI

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:02:01 PM by ndsailor »
Rick Robinson     Bismarck, North Dakota - USA

Fsamuel

• Regular debater
  • Mory, Hohner 114, Morgane
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »

my effort this month as with all the tune of the months i am in a hurry to get them down before I can actually play fluidly but there you go
https://soundcloud.com/fsamuel100/blossom-and-rain

AirTime

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 11:18:23 PM »

No posts for a while. Here's my (last ditch) effort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIaCrjFw5Bs

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:23:22 PM by AirTime »
1920's BbEb Hohner; 1920's  AD Koch; 1910 (?) One-row Hohner in D,  1910's GCB Maga Ercole; ; AD 1950's Pistelli, CF Sandpiper, CF Preciosa, BbEb Preciosa.

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 12:45:26 AM »

End of the month and on to the next tune folks! Late posts, as ever, welcome - just stick them on the end!

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »

Zubz/Chris--

Enjoyed your rendition so much I was (almost) moved to toss at least one of my boxes sacrificially into the woodstove.
I wish I had started out playing so much earlier......(shedding tear emoticon needed here)
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

zubz

• Respected Sage
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »

Zubz/Chris--

Enjoyed your rendition so much I was (almost) moved to toss at least one of my boxes sacrificially into the woodstove.
I wish I had started out playing so much earlier......(shedding tear emoticon needed here)

Hi Steve. Firstly, thank you for those kind words. I've said it before, but the beauty is in the tune and from the composer. We're just lucky to be able to share some of their fantastic creations. This tune is one of the best that I've bumped into.

Secondly, I entirely share your sense of "wishing I'd started much earlier in life". This boxy world was a revelation to me about 5 years ago. I've just had to accept that it didnt happen years previously, but I can enjoy making a contribution and sharing wonderful tunes like Brian's.

If you search for Ben Zander on YouTube you'll find what "being a contribution" is all about - hugely inspirational, and a worthy mentor. So ... no tossing boxes into a woodstove ;-) Let's all get out & share!

:||:  :|glug

AirTime

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »

I agree! it's a wonderful rendition, played with a great deal of thought & sensitivity. Really a stand-out interpretation!
1920's BbEb Hohner; 1920's  AD Koch; 1910 (?) One-row Hohner in D,  1910's GCB Maga Ercole; ; AD 1950's Pistelli, CF Sandpiper, CF Preciosa, BbEb Preciosa.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal