Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Ouverture IV (30 keys) and V (31keys): Seeking Key/Button Diagrams  (Read 1986 times)

Wet Randini

• New Starter

I have acquired both a Hohner Club Melodeon Ouverture IV and V. I love the Wet French Musette Sounds of each but have not yet begun to learn to play either.
I would very much appreciate any help in obtaining key diagrams for the 30 and 31 key setups, as well as any information manuals, instruction books
or other info on these beautiful instruments. I called Hohner USA and they directed me to contact Hohner Germany via email to possibly find Archive
Information. The serial number on my H.O.IV is #140609, and my H.O.V is #472915. I think the Overture IV is 4 treble reeds (LMMM) and the V is 5(LMMMH),
but I'm not certain. I have the books, "The Art of Playing Hohner Diatonic Accordions" and Handbook for Melodeon by Roger Watson, but neither discuss or provide
a key/button diagram of notes for the H.O.V with 23 regular and 8 "helper" accidentals. I would love to find a forum for those owning the Ouverture IV and or V.
My real name is Randy Prestash. Some of my friends call me "The Great Randini" and probably think I'm "all wet", but I took Wet Randini as my name due to my
love for the Wet Tuning on French, Italian, and German Musettes! Looking forward to getting this out to those with similar passions! All my best, Randy

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style

Hi mate i love wet tuned boxes too, i even had an ouverture v for a short time , great to meet you !

Matthew B

Randy,

There are several good resources around.  The basic layout is here:http://forum.melodeon.net/files/site/CFclub30.gif

There's also a fairly good site here, but it might be a bit technical if you're a total beginner: http://www.delaguerre.com/delaguerre/pedagogy/club/

If you search "Club System" here on melnet you'll find a lot of discussions of the merits (or lack thereof, in some cases) of the system. 

Have fun!

Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal