Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BCC# Question  (Read 2370 times)

hopey

BCC# Question
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »

Hi,
 Just a quick question.  I've just started playing B/C and I'm enjoying it. I'm learning trad Irish, but ultimately I would like to play anything that takes my
fancy, with bass parts. From the small amount I've learned I wonder if BCC# with a stradella bass is what I'm after.
 Is there a stradella bass system that has a root note, a major chord and a minor chord - times 12?  So most chords are available.  I'm mot bothered
about Dim/Aug chords - as in the piano accordions that I've seen. 
 Am I right in thinking a stradella produces the same note press/draw?
 The other thing is, I've been searching the net and it seems you can buy all sorts of melodeons/accordions in many keys/rows, but I've had very little
luck finding any to look at - where are they?
 Finally instruments are costly, do I need to be rich in order to get one - are they out there second hand - what might I be able to buy one for?
                                                                          Thank you
                                                                                        Gav

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
Re: BCC# Question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:31:24 AM »

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:57:25 PM by Bill Young »

Graeme

• Regular debater
  • BCC#, BC, moothie & steering wheel
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »

george garside

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »

aas far as I can see the trichord has 12 stradella bass which is much better than the 12 ''melodeon bass' that a few have.  It is also the desirable 3 voice box, same size & weight as 2 voice but much nicer.  This could well be a bargain for somebody.   I agree with Graeme about the hohner gaelic - they are very playable being responsive & easy to handle - a poor mans Shand Morino.

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Graeme

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »

aas far as I can see the trichord has 12 stradella bass which is much better than the 12 ''melodeon bass' that a few have.  It is also the desirable 3 voice box, same size & weight as 2 voice but much nicer.  This could well be a bargain for somebody.   I agree with Graeme about the hohner gaelic - they are very playable being responsive & easy to handle - a poor mans Shand Morino.

george

Have you any idea what the bass layout would look like Geroge, assuming it is Stradella?

Graeme

george garside

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

fundemental bass (bass notes) and major chords for FCGDAE giving at least 3 chord trick ability + dcent rhythm in keys of CGDA plus two thirds of 3 chord trick in keys F & E.  The trichord is very light in weight and  extremely easy to handle & for those who like 3 voice musette the sound is spot on.     you can always recognise a trichord with stradella bass because the 2 bass rows are offset in relation to each other whereas  with melodeon bass the 2 rows are in line

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Graeme

• Regular debater
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »

Many thanks George.

Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal